Chapter 13~ Day Gone Wrong

Shaking woke me up. I opened my eyes and scowled at a worried Seth.

"Seth! I was trying to take a nap!" I tried to growl, but it came out as a whine. Seth chuckled.

"You wanna go home?" Seth asked. I nodded quickly. "Close your eyes." I closed my eyes and sleep took over.

***

"Jamie, we're here," Seth said. I opened my eyes to see that we were in front of my house.

"Thanks Seth." I said, yawning.

"Anytime," Seth said, smiling. I got out the car and walked inside my house. I automatically went to my room and collapsed on my bed.

***

I woke up at 9:27. I walked downstairs to see Jake playing with his cars, Kevin was taking of gloves and putting on hand sanitizer, Sam was engrossed with Black Ops, and the rest was sitting at the kitchen tabled staring at me in shock.

"What'd I do?" I asked. Dad waved a piece of paper. I walked toward them and snatched the paper from him. "It's my report card. So what?" I looked at my grades and felt my jaw drop. "Straight A's..? This has to be a mix up." Dad shook his head.

"It's not a mix up. You actually have straight A's," Dad said. Jen stood up and have been a bear hug.

"Damn Jen! You're stronger than you look!" I joked, but seriously, she was crushing me.

"I'm so proud of you!!!" Jen said. Her voice broke when she sad so.

"... Why is she crying?" I mouthed to dad.

"She's happy," Dad mouthed. He had tears in his eyes also. I glanced at James and John. James was trying not to laugh and John looked like the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland! Soon Dad joined the hug. The two cried like freaking babies and started swaying. I frowned. When was this going to be over? James laughed at my expression.

"Are you two done?" I asked after 10 minutes. "I'm stttttaaaarrrrvvvvviiiiinnnnng! I missed lunch already. I don't wanna miss dinner too!" Jen and Dad stopped hugging me and I went straight to the kitchen only to be stopped by James. I groaned while my stomach growled. James flinched, not that I blamed him! It sounded like a wild animal growled! Not my stomach!

"We're going out to eat since you got straight A's. Who'd you do it?" James asked. I shrugged.

"Seth probably. I cheated on a few tests..," I admitted.

"Niiiice." James said, holding out his fist. We did a fist bump and made explosion sounds. I guess you can say it's our hand shake.

"Where we going?" I asked.

"Where ever you want," James said.

"CAFE RIO!!!!" I said, excitedly. Cafe Rio is my guilty pleasure. I love absolutely everything at that place! I used to work there... Then got fired for stuffing beans into this one lady's mouth. You see the lady kept wasting my time about her order then started yelling at me because I had beans on the side. The meal she ordered came with beans on the side. So I was arguing with her about that. Then she refused to pay. By then I was completely pissed off because my shift was over 15 minutes ago and that lady was my last customer. So I got a handful of beans and stuffed them in her mouth. She kept saying she couldn't breathe; I just rolled my eyes and felt.... I turns out she was allergic to beans... So I got fired, banned for that cafe Rio and I got a restraining order, not that I cared.

"Congrats Jamie," John said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Thanks Mr. I-Know-Everything," I teased. John shook his head, smiling.