Epilogue

A month later

It is a hot afternoon at the guild. Lucy is reading a book at a table when Natsu storms in.

"Have you seen Gray?" asks Natsu to Lucy.

"No, why?"

"I feel like kicking his butt today! I'm all fired-up!"

"You're searching for Gray?" interrupts Mirajane who had heard their conversation. "He left this morning for a quest."

"Again? And I bet she's accompanying him?" continues Lucy.

"Yep." The constellationist sighs.

"They're always away! How am I supposed to fight with him if he leaves the guild all the time?" protests Natsu.

"Blame your friend here," says Mirajane, pointing Lucy. "Her plan worked too well."

"I know, I know, it's my fault!" The blond woman exclaims. "I just didn't think it would end up like this!"

"End up like what?" says a deep voice from behind her. Lucy turns quickly to see Gray standing behind her, you just beside.

"Mira, we're done with these side quests by the way," you declare to the waitress. "They're way too easy."

"You guys are already back?!" screams Lucy, startled.

"Yeah," answers Gray.

"It was really easy."

"GRAAAAAYY!" Natsu jumps on Gray, his fists on fire. The ice mage quickly protects himself.

"Natsu... YOU ARE SO DEAD!" The two man start fighting. You simply sit across Lucy, smiling.

"Mirajane, could you bring me some water, please?" The woman nods. "Thanks."

"How's it going, Lucy?" you ask your friend.

"It could go better, I guess." She sighs.

"Money problems?"

"Kind of. Natsu is kind of depressed since you are always leaving with Gray. We haven't been doing quests in forever. And the rent is so high...!"

"How much do you need?" You say as you take out a bag full of jewels, putting some in your hand.

"What! No, no, keep it!"

"I don't need that much." You smile at her. "I'm sharing an apartment with Gray. Besides, I never got a chance to pay you back."

"Pay me back for what?" the blonde woman asks.

"I know you're the one who told Freed to do that enchantment on us."

Lucy blushes in shame.

"I-I did not do such a thing!"

"Ah, come on Heartfilia, I know it's you. But I'm not mad."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I actually want to thank you for that. It's because of you that I was able to assume my feelings." You smile nicely. "So I am glad to help you when I can."

You push some money to her and she reluctantly takes it, unsure.

"Well, if that is done..." You get up and walk to the billboard where all quests are displayed. You look at them for a moment then grab one of them. Yeah, this one looks hard. Good.

"Hey, Mirajane, we're taking this quest!" you scream to the waitress, showing her the yellowed paper. She nods and notes it on a paper. You walk to the exit and lean on the wall, waiting for Gray to finish the fight. You smile. You don't think your life can be better than this. You are living and fighting with the man you love. Exactly what you ever wanted.

Finally, Gray kicks Natsu to the sternum and sends him flying. Your lover walks to you and you get out of the guild while showing him the new quest you've chosen.

"I've got a gift for you," suddenly says Gray, taking out a little box from his pocket. You take it and open it curiously.

A small pendant is resting on a blue cushion. Made by Gray's ice magic, the delicate snowflake looks as lively as a real one. It takes your breath away. He made it identical as the necklace you saw a month ago!

"Gray, it's beautiful! It's exactly the same as the one I saw at the seller's! I love it!" you exclaim in awe. He simply smiles as a response. The ice mage goes behind you and closes your new necklace around your neck. "But why now?" Gray leans his head and whispers in your ear:

"It's been exactly one month since we started dating. I thought it was something to celebrate." He remembered that? Even you did know that!

"Now I know why I love you so much..."

You turn to face him and put your arms around his neck, leaning your face toward him. You close your eyes as your lips meet his in a passionate kiss.

"Ready to go?" says softly Gray when you finally let go of each other.

"Ready!"

-The End