Chapter 30

[Should i change the way joey talks to something normal or should i keep the whole stuttering speaks in 3rd person thing?]

Shane's pov

It had been hours and joey finally moved, my heart and spirits suddenly came to life as i sasw his eyes begin to flutter. Those huge green orbs soon stared into mine and i let out the largest sigh of relief that i could manage. I pulled him into my arms and he hugged me back. I then felt something on my hand and i noticed blood.

Shane: What the hell?

I felt the back of his neck and more blood came off. I then noticed his skin looked irritated and red. He winced as i touched it and i furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. This only happens when joey comes in contact with....cinnamon. What the fuck? He's severely allergic to cinnamon, and the last time i checked, the forest doesn't grow cinnamon powder.

I quickly ran to the kitchen and came back with a wet rag. I lightly dabbed the swelling area and he cried as i did so. As soon as i got most of it i lightly blew on the hot skin to sooth it slightly.

Shane: How did this happen?

He shrugged and i had an idea.

Shane: I'll be right back ok?

Joey: Ok.

I then covered him up and i went out to the edge of the woods, i searched for the tree we rested against. We took a short time to stretch before we started and well...i stretched he waited for me. I remember that he rested against a tree and we then proceeded with climbing.

After about ten minutes i found that tree and i ran my hand across it. I sniffed it and the smell of pure cinnamon powder came into my senses. I then furrowed my eyebrows and the same smell was on another four trees. Wait.....someone put this here, but who the fuck would come over and put cinnamon on my trees?

This makes no sense, unless someone we KNEW had a plan to make joey miserable. But stuff like that doesn't happen in real life.....right?

??? Pov

???: Oh so shane's starting to figure it out. I WILL make him pay for the hurt he's caused me, i'll probably put him back into the hospial because of depression.

Just you wait shane, things are about to get worse for your precious joey.

Joey's pov

Shane came back and i sat up waiting for him to cuddle with me. Mommy brought me an ice pack and she placed it on my really sore skin.

Joey: T-Thank you.

Mom: You're welcome sweetheart.

She kissed my forehead and i just rested waiting for shane. He came in looking angry and confused.

Joey: Shaney...ok?

Shane: I'm fine.

Joey: You sure?

Shane: YES i'm fine.

I bit my lip and i didn't feel sad. This feeling is weird....i feel angry. I'm angry at shaney for how many times he's taken out his own anger on me. I'm just so tired of him being angry at me.

Joey: DON'T yell at m-me.

He seemed surprised that i answered him the way i did. Usually i just stay quiet and take it but today, i feel...braver.

Joey: J-just don't yell, shaney. You d-do it so much.

He put his head down and i stood up with my teddy bear in my arms. Sometimes i think he's my only friend when shane's angry.

Shane: I'm sorry babe, please just-

Joey: No.

I went upstairs and shut my door....maybe joey....tired of shane? Or maybe shane....tired of joey...maybe both?

Shane's pov

I am officially the world's worst boyfriend. I've cheated more than once, i've yelled at him countless times, i've hurt his feelings. I'm honestly beyond shocked that he's still with me after all this time. He deserves someone better than me. The doorbell rang and i got up to answer.

I pulled it open and sawyer stood there with a bright smile. I gave a small smile and welcomed him inside.

Shane: Hold on, i'll go grab your stuff.

Sawyer: No, don't worry about it.

Shane: Um, ok, is there a reason you came over here?

Sawyer: Just to talk and have fun like we used to.

Shane: After the day i've had, i need that.

He smiled and i set up some video games as we just played for a few hours. We took occassional breaks and we laughed and ate some snacks inbetween.

Teresa's pov

I had seen how shane was acting and i honestly felt bad for joey. Joey's been through way too much for a sixteen year old boy. He doesn't need to be treated like this, it's sad. I walked into the living room and shane was taking a break.

Teresa: Hey shane, can i talk to you for a bit?

Shane: Yea, sure.

He came into the kitchen and i sighed looking down at the counter i was curently wiping down.

Shane: What's up?

Teresa: Don't you think you should go talk to joey?

Shane: He's mad at me so let him be.

Teresa: What happened to you? You used to care about how joey felt at all times.

Shane: He obviously doesn't care, so why bother?

Teresa: Wow, unbelievable.

Shane: Mom, just drop it.

He left and i shook my head slowly walking upstairs and opening joey's door. He was writing sloppily in the little journal i bought him. I quietly looked over his shoulder and i read the poorly written words.

I wish shaney would be nice to me again. I love him bunches but he seems like he doesn't. Sometimes, i don't wanna be with him, but my heart would hurt.

Teresa: Joey?

He slammed the book shut and looked at me with a nervous smile.

Joey: Yes mommy?

Teresa: We need to talk.

Shane's pov

Yea, i felt bad for talking to mom like that but i really don't wanna talk about my personal life. Yea, i know i'm horrible but i've just learned to fucking live with it.

Sawyer: You alright?

Shane: Just fine.

Author's note

Ok so you hate me? Yea i know but get over it haha. Shane is a total asshole, i know. But so far that's just how i've made him. Now i'm gonna go, i love you all, bye byeeeeeeeee <3