03.

Finally, the last class of the day arrived, and everyone felt a sense of relief. Draco included.

History of Magic was so boring. Nobody ever listened in that class anyways. So it was a good opportunity for Draco to relax.

But seemingly, he found his eyes roaming around the classroom, until they landed on Harry. Draco had heard that Harry had gotten detention for a week from that new teacher, and he indeed looked a little put out. He was whispering back and forth with Weasley, and Draco felt a twang of jealousy.

Why should he be jealous? Harry wasn't his friend. But yet he wished that he was the one getting whispered to. The one Harry told all his secrets to.

No! What's wrong with me? I'm going insane.

But yet, he couldn't stop thinking about Harry. It was like he couldn't not think about Harry.

And suddenly, green met silver, and Draco felt himself flushing. He noticed how Harry's expression changed quickly from confusion to interest to hatred, and back to confusion.

Then, to Draco's surprise, he felt his arm lifting up. What was he doing? And then...he waved. He waved. Right across the room, right at a certain Gryffindor.

What is going on?! Why am I waving?! I don't wave. Malfoys never wave.

But yet, clear as day, Draco Malfoy was waving to Harry Potter.

Harry looked a bit confused, and Ron just looked plain disgusted. But, seemingly, Harry raised his hand and waved back.

Stupid Gryffindork. Probably in his nature to be nice.

And indeed, Harry was very surprised by Malfoy's gesture. But this wasn't the only surprise he'd be getting that day...

------------

"Excuse me?!"

"You heard me correctly, Harry."

"But...Professor Dumbledore, sir...you can't! You can't do th-"

"Harry, calm down. I'm only doing what's necessary."

Harry Potter was in shock. He couldn't believe this. Dumbledore couldn't do this to him.

"You can't actually believe that we'd be able to live together, could you?" he protested.

"I'm sorry, Harry, but you two are a bad example of the house unity that we have here at Hogwarts. You two need to get along." the Headmaster replied with a sigh.

"But that isn't fair!" came the protest from Draco Malfoy. "I'm not living with that stupid Gryffindork!"

"It's already been decided, and your things are being moved as we speak. You'll find your room on the third floor, and the portrait there is of a dark-haired woman. You'll need to choose a password."

Harry groaned, raking a hand through his dark hair in frustration. He couldn't stand Malfoy, and now he had to live with him. Life must be having a great laugh at him.

He sighed and walked out of the Headmaster's office, his trainers tapping on the stone as he descended the steps.

"What are the odds?" he muttered.

"Indeed." Malfoy said from behind him. "I bet you screwed something up, didn't you? You're so good at that, Potter."

Harry whipped around to glare at the blonde, wishing he could slap that stupid smirk off of his face.

"Shut up! I'm not going to enjoy this anymore than you do, so quit putting the blame on me!" he snapped, walking faster.

Malfoy ignored this, catching up easily.