Chapter One: Finally Free...At least I Thought

(As I do in every book, I'll tell you when to play the song)

"I'm not sure I'm ready for this." You say, your head slumping down and facing the ground. "Why not? It's not like it's going to be anything like the last place you were in." Your meister, Dawn encouraged, her black hair flowing in the wind. "I know, but..." You paused, and began to remember things that happened a while back.

----Flashback----

(Play song now)

"(Y/N)!" A tall man stood in front of you, yelling in your face, about to swing another hit at you with his whip. "Listen, you little brat!" He swung the whip at you. Once, twice, three times. You screamed and struggled to get out of the ropes wrapped around you. "Not until you let me go!" You protested, kicking and screaming, still trying to get loose from the ties.

"Listen, or you get another one!" The man shouted again. "Why do you have to make everything so complicated!? If you just let me go, I'll listen!" You finally got a hand loose from the ropes. The man tried to whip you again, but you grabbed the whip just before it hit your face. Your hand was in major pain, but your face was okay, thankfully.

"You think that leaving here is gonna change anything, (Y/N)!?" He questioned. "They aren't going to treat you with any more respect than we do!" You knew he was just trying to manipulate you. "Stay here! We'll treat you better than they ever will!"

You finally freed your other hand and was able to free your entire body from the painful knots. You ran outside to where Dawn was hiding, behind a barrier. "You escaped!" She whisper yelled. "Yeah, let's leave this place!" You and Dawn ran, hearing a voice calling your names. "Dawn! (Y/N)! Come back here! I swear what I'm saying is true!" Yelled the same man from earlier.

----End of Flashback----

"Hello? (Y/N)?" You came back from your flashback and found Dawn's hand waving over your face. "Oh, sorry. I was just thinking of something." You apologize, giving her a fake smile. "You were saying?" She gave you a rushing gesture. (What? Ugh...I mean the hand gesture when you're trying to get them to go on. You know...they look at you like, 'Go on!') "I was just going to ask... what if," You started as you looked forward to see the DWMA. "What if he was right? What if they only treat us worse?" You asked her, looking at the enormous academy.

"They won't! Would you stop dwelling on the past? All that's gone now! We're finally free from that pit of misery!" She gave you a toothy grin. "Yeah, maybe you're right." Dawn grabbed your arm and opened the left door as you opened the right one.

A boy with white hair and red eyes appeared in front of you, a boy with blue hair in the shape of a star standing next to him. It looked like they were heading outside. "OH! SO YOU'RE THE NEW STUDENT?! HAHA!!" Screamed the one with the blue hair.  You began to believe he was insane.

"ARE YOU PREPARED TO BATTLE THE GREAT AND AMAZING BLACK STAR!?" He shouted, spitting in your face while doing so. "Excuse me. Battle? I just got here!" You responded. "I'm not helping you this time, Black Star." Said the one with white hair. 

"Seriously, a duel?" You thought you were free for once. You knew it was a school for weapons and meisters, but you were really getting challenged to a duel on the first day? Not cool. (Your character is one for being cool, like Soul XD) "I helped you with the last battle. Y'know, with Kid. But dueling a lady as cool as her on her first day? So not cool." The boy with white hair added.

"C'mon, Soul! I thought we were friends!" Black Star pouted. That's when they had a little bromance moment. (Oh gawd XD) "Just leave the girl be, Black Star!"

"You know what, it's fine." You butted in. "Let's do this!" Your arm turned into a black and blue blade of a scythe. "You ready, Dawn?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey my Musical Notes! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm excited to write this series! SO PUMPED!!! But, I do hope you enjoyed it. There are gonna be some epic action scenes in the next chapter! WOOH!!! Hope you liked this chapter! HUGZ!!! (>O.O)>

~~~~Serenade~~~~