23: Forest of Freaks

(Here's another chapter for you guys. ^.^)

(Enjoy!)

(Also, Just this morning, since I have theatre 1st block, My class had to get a tour of the PAC [Performing Arts Center] So that on Monday we know where the heck we're going. And it was really dark in the auditorium when we got there and it was really funny because we were being directed to the backstage area and the teacher didn't walk in front of us to lead us to it, so we were walking in the dark and were pretty confused until we got to the door to the backstage where we finally found light XD....and most of this will take place in complete darkness, so enjoy!) 

Y/N's POV

Darkness.

We were walking in total darkness.

Our second night of exploring scary places was taking place.

I'm actually really surprised that we're still going through with this, considering how much of a scaredy cat Elliot is. I would've expected him to chicken out of it.

'Wonder what changed his mind'

Nevermind that, this time, we were wandering into a dark wood.

At night.

Because it was dark, and I mean dark, we couldn't be aware of any scary beings lurking our surroundings. We didn't even know if there were any, but we definitely didn't assume there weren't. Not after what happened at the mansion.

And okay, I know what you're thinking, 'Why didn't you bring a flashlight, idiot!?'

We had plenty.

We don't now.

Thanks to someone.

----30 Minutes Earlier----

A soft, airy noise sounded throughout the eerie wood.

"AAAAAHHHHH!" A certain someone began screaming, chucking flashlights into the deep, dark woods.

Off-trail.

And there was no way, whatsoever, we were going off-trail.

Nu-uh.

"ELLIOT!" Dawn screeched.

"I'M SORRY! I-I heard a noise." Elliot rubbed his arm awkwardly.

"IT WAS JUST THE WIND, DINGUS!" Dawn smacked him on the back of the head.

"Ow!"

"Now we don't have any flashlights!" She growled. "If we get attacked by some sort of crazy lunatic with a chainsaw, I'm blaming you!" She crossed her arms, stomping forward angrily.

Elliot slumped, frowning apologetically and still rubbing his arm.

I walked up to him, patting him on the back. "Hey, it's alright. Ya know, except for now, we might die because of you. But that's no big deal~! Heh. Heh. Heh...."

----Back to the Futu..er..Present----

So now, we're stuck in the woods, with no flashlights. And may die. Fun~!

Note the sarcasm.

--------

Okay, now, the noises are definitely not the wind.

Hissing.

Screeching.

Whispering....

I stopped for a moment, checking my surroundings.

"Uh, guys?" I asked, attempting to grab their attention, getting a rude response from Dawn.

"WHAT IS IT NOW!?"

"Do you hear that?" I gulped. And no, I was not scared of the noises. It was Dawn I was scared of.

She, along with everyone else, stopped to take a moment to listen to the noises.

Elliot started whimpering and cowering. He was definitely terrified.

Dawn looked down concerningly at the blonde.

"Hey," She started.

"It's gonna be okay, don't worry." She smiled warmly at him.

He smiled back slightly, a pink tint brushing his cheeks for a split second.

A loud laugh--er--cackle sounded farther down the trail.

I began sprinting back to the entrance of the wood, which was probably too far to escape in time. The others followed. Dawn quickly grabbed Elliot's hand, dragging him up off the ground and running with the group.

(Is it me, or does Dawn save Elliot a lot?)

Worried we weren't going to make it to the entrance on time, we took a quick turn into the trees, struggling to find a hiding spot.

We were having some trouble walking through the tree-populated area, so we then traveled from branch to branch.

Elliot tripped.

A lot.

Dawn kept him from falling face-first into the cold, wet grass below. How sweet.

Tsubaki and Black Star had no trouble whatsoever.

Maka didn't have much trouble, considering she was quite agile.

As for the rest of us, we kinda just went at a slow pace, swinging from branch to branch.

We eventually stopped, running out of breath.

We found a clearing, thankfully.

It was a good idea to bring camping supplies, just in case.

"We should set up camp here." I suggested.

"Agreed." Maka nodded.

Maka began to start a fire as the rest of us set up tents and sleeping bags.

It was quite peaceful now, except for Kid's whining about how his tent wasn't symmetrical.

"GARBAGE! ASYMMETRICAL GARBAGE!"

"WOULD YOU SHUT UP!?" Dawn shouted, scowling in Kid's direction.

Dawn's POV

"U-um...Dawn?" Elliot approached me a bit awkwardly.

"What!?" I spat, looking in his direction.

"N-nevermind..." He said as he began turning to walk off.

I grabbed his wrist and sighed. "S-sorry. What is it?" I asked, a lot nicer this time.

"I was just wondering if you needed help with your tent." He asked awkwardly.

"Oh..."

"I mean if you don't then it's--"

"Sure." I smiled.

He smiled back, blushing a bit.

To Be Continued...

--------------------------------------------

Sorry I didn't get any further than that...also...sorry for not updating the past few days.

School got hectic.

But I will be back with another one after dinner.....

I wanted to give you guys something before 3 AM ya know?

Who am I kidding.

I have a feeling lots of you don't even sleep XD

Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

Next one's gonna have more Soul x reader stuff, promise.

Just be patient with meh.

~Serenade~