V. Like Romeo and Juliet

Chapter Five: Like Romeo and Juliet

I opened my locker and surprised by an envelope falling towards me. I took it from the ground examining the outside. It was vacant outside on both sides, I’m not even sure if it’s meant for me or not.

                I put my previewed books inside my locker and ripped one side of the white envelope.

                ‘Had fun spending the day with you. And the kiss was perfect.’ –K.

                A smile crept onto my lips. This was the second time he delivered heartwarming envelopes by himself. Or so I think he did it himself. But anyways, I’m glad he had a fun time even though I spent most of the time glancing and stalking Jace’s first date.

                I put the envelope inside my bag and walked down the hallway through the open door where the cafeteria was located.

*****

                “So how was your first date with my best friend?” I asked Veronica as she sat down.

                “It was wonderful,” she replied. Good thing she and Jace didn’t see me in the restaurant when I was stalking them. “I mean except for the parts that he talked about his past about the girls he slept with. But overall I had fun.”

                “Did he ever tell you that he called his other leg ding-dong?”

                She started laughing, “Yeah, he created that name when he accidently pulled it.”

                Now it was my turn to start cracking up, Ronnie seems nice – like what Jace wants from a girl. But not only that, it also seem like we were sisters that will talk about each other’s boyfriend and talk, talk, talk nonstop for a whole day.

                “Did I miss something?” asked Jace looking between the both of us as he sat beside Ron with his foam tray.

                I shook my head, trying to stop the laugh, “No. Nothing at all.”

                “You suck at lying,” he replied.

                “How would you know I’d be lying?” I asked trying not grin or spill the laugh again.

                “You laugh or smile when you lie – it’s one of your obvious things in life now,” he respond.

                “No,” I said.

                Jace looked at Ron and grinned, “How do you like the school so far?” he asked again.

                “It’s okay,” she said again for the 4th time. Or I think it’s the 4th time since Ron and I aren’t mostly in the same class. Thanks to Jace for begging so much, Ronnie finally agreed to have all the classes together. It surprises me that even the principal agreed to this.

                Before I could comment on anything, they started off talking together like I wasn’t there. I looked around the lunchroom so I could make myself occupied, but I know having me there was wired. Couples need privacy for them, not their best friend.

                “I’ll see you later when school hours end,” I peeped in interrupting whatever conversation they had.

                “Okay,” Ronnie said looking up from staring into Jace’s eyes.