Chapter 1: The End

Chase had brought me to the bridge where we had first met. I was beginning to wonder again about the rose smell because I saw no roses. It was starting to grow cold and I had forgotten my sweater. There was an eerie mood in the air, but I wouldn't let it ruin his gift.

"Okay."

"What have you planned?"

"A night to remember."

Chase sneered and broke into a coughing fit, I was worried. He had a look in is eye that I couldn't explain: it have me shiver that were not from the cold. I reached out to touch his should, but before I could be grabbed my wrist. He looked deranged and he wouldn't let go. He let out a cackle and I wanted to scream for help, but I was frozen with fear.

"Let me go!"

"You want to know where the smell-"

"Help!"

"Don't interrupt me!"

"Stop!"

"I killed them, all of them."

I screamed, trying to pull away from his grasp. He laughed as he pulled me to the edge of the bridge. I felt so alone because it was so late and no one would hear me. I didn't want to die. When we were at the very edge, he stopped and let go of my wrist.

"I'm a monster."

"What did you do Chase."

"I wanted you to see a monster perish."

"Please no."

"I could never hurt you."

"Chase stop."

"I killed them."

"Who? What's going on!"

"I love you."

Chase threw himself over the railing and I screamed as I saw him plummet into the icy depths of the Pacific. I screamed, searching for a head to burst from the water. I called, but no one could come fast enough. That was the day I saw Chase die. That was the beginning of the end.