Part Four

The crowd sat back down in their seats as soon as Wes exited the stage. Another figure took to the stage, he appeared to look like the smaller version of Wes. He had his hands shoved in his pockets and he walked straight to middle of the stage where there stood a black Piano all polished and shiny, ready to be played.

"Please welcome.....Wes' younger brother

Soul Evans!!"

Maka sat at the edge of her seat as she heard the host announce Soul's name.

"Soul!?"

She was suddenly shushed by lady behind her, Maka cringed back into her seat not wanting to cause anymore disturbance. "Sorry" she whispered. The crowd was silent, this was a totally different atmosphere compared to Wes' performance. Not a single clap or cheer. Dead silence. Soul took his seat on the chair infront of the piano and began to reflex his fingers. He carefully placed his fingers on the keyboard and began to play....... Maka recognised the melody instantly. It was the melody, Soul first played for Maka.

It dark and melancholy, but hauntingly beautiful. It brought back memories for Maka, memories of how she and Soul formed their partnership. But the crowd didn't seem to agree with her. "Hmmm, a bit flat.... He's nothing like Wes!! He's not to bad.....I've heard better though" Maka couldn't believe what she was hearing!! She thought Soul was Amazing!!! She looked up at Soul who had an expressionless look on his face, however his eyes were filled with pain.

Maka felt her chest tighten up. She wanted to cry for him, deep down she knew, Soul could hear every comment the crowd made, but he continued to play. Normally he would of just given up and stopped fighting, but he didn't. He continued to play, to his hearts content.