CHAPTER 7 (THE CONFRONTATION)

RALPH'S POV

As soon as I arrived home, I went to my mother's bedroom. I saw her lying on her bed, she's in a deep sleep. I smiled with teary eyes. I want to talk to her. but I know she can no longer respond to me anymore. She had her mild stroke few months ago and now, she's under medication and therapy.

The doctor told me that it may last for about 6 months before she could talk. No stressful things, that was his strict advice. I miss her, especially her comfort. My mother did not know about Mandy. I decided not to tell her cause I know she will advise me the same way the stranger in the hospital did. and I can't do that.

I heard my mom murmured. I saw her opened her eyes. she gave me a sweet smile. i can see how tough she is. she's fighting for her life...

I gave her a hug... "Merry Christmas Mom... I miss you..." I almost lose my control after I said the last 3 words.. I hug her so tight and stayed that way for about a minute..then she murmured again.. she pointed out for her flash cards.. the therapist recommended me to buy those.. for her to communicate easier.. but my mother uses it whenever she'll say something important..

I dont know but im nervous of what she's going to say.. I prepared pen and paper and handed her the flash cards... I will be writing the letters she will show to me.. she will spell out the words she's going to say through that flashcards..

she stared at me for a while and held my face gently with her right hand... she always does that before when I was a little boy whenever other kids bully me.. I smiled. how I miss her..seriously...I want her right now.. I need her...

"c'mon mom... tell me.. do you need something?" I tried to cheer my voice up so she won’t feel the sadness inside of me.. she started to spell out the words.. I was surprise when i read the letters I wrote... those were the letters she had shown me...

it says... "you chose to feel that way son... you should have gotten yourself ready for the next step.."

I was a bit shocked…really… I didn’t know she knew about my feelings for Mandy… well, I guess mothers know it all… I smiled at her… “Mom, It’s not what you think… I mean, I’m not sad cause of my feelings for Mandy… but yeah… I admit… I love her… for years… now…. But… I don’t think it’s important anymore… I’m worried about her… she’s sick mom… she’s in the hospital right now…” my mother nodded as if she fully understand… then there she showed me her flashcards again… it says “she needs you... if you can’t express your love by words… go and express it through actions…” I know my mother was right except the first sentence she said… SHE NEEDS YOU… SHE NEEDS YOU… it kept playing on my mind… “no mom, you’re wrong… I love her… I need her…but… she needs Mike… she loves him… and he loves her… I’m out of the picture… I’m not part of the happy ending… it is their love story…” as I said what I think was right, I went out of my mother’s room… I felt the pain… yeah… I always feel pain… but this time, I absorbed it…badly… I sat on the couch and there…I can’t help it… tears fell from my eyes… this is my weakness… She is my weakness…

[DING DONG] [DING DONG]

I immediately wiped my tears… and see who was at the gate… first I saw a car… a very familiar car… It’s Mike… he’s here… I looked for him... where did he go?  I went out of the house… am I ready for confrontation? I’m a man… I should always be ready… I saw him… standing beside his car…

“Why didn’t you tell me? I know how you value her… you’re best friends… but it doesn’t mean that you will fool me… YOU FOOLED ME!!!”

I don’t want to explain anymore… he’s here to blame and scold me… immature… and guess what… he is drank…

“Maybe you have to take a rest Mike… you’re drunk… you should have not gotten here just to shout and make some scene… you’re like a little girl crying out for her long lost balloon…”

I’m controlling my temper… I want him out of my sight… but he shouted again…

“I THOUGHT I CAN TRUST YOU RALPH!!! YOU DON’T FEEL ME MAN! YOU CAN’T!!! CAUSE YOU HAVE NEVER LOVED ANYONE…”

I was about to walk towards the house but he shouted…

“YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT PAIN MAN!!! YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT TRUE LOVE!!!!”

This time… it’s my turn… I walk near him and I started to speak as calm as I can…

“loving a person for years without letting her know… without letting others know… caring for her without asking anything in return… giving her everything she needs… though I’m not one of those… staring at her smile while she’s with the one she loves… wiping her tears away caused by the pain from other guys… catching her when someone dumped her… and giving her happiness, her happiness is her guy… her guy…is not me…

You know nothing about me Mike! Now tell me, did I feel pain? Didn’t I? True love? Then, what was that? Do you have any idea how many times I cried? How many nights I spent alone thinking of the one I love? You know nothing…. You don’t know me Mike… and you know what, If you really love your girl, you will not bother to go here and blame me… yeah I know you’re mad… but c’mon she’s dying and you will just stand here all day? Shout in front of our gate telling the world how mad you are? You’re such an idiot! be a MAN! Don’t let her wake up without you by her side… she needs you… she loves you… VALUE HER!!! Forget about your f**king thing… think about her… for once…”

I can see that he’s shocked about what he heard about me… and still, he had no idea that I was pertaining to Mandy… I walked away… and I didn’t know what he did…

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry natagalan.. haha :)) sana ok lang to.. :D

NHIEJHEL