CHAPTER 1 (BURDEN)

----first chapter.. actually hanggang chapt 13 tapos ko na pero di ko pa edited lahat kaya unti unti muna... dapat talaga di ko to gagawing on-going pero naisip ko, baka mas maganda... hoping for supporters and readers... thank you.. :D -----

"Sir, phone call from Mrs. Villegas, line 2."

"tell her i'm busy... i'll be in a meeting after lunch..."

"she said you must talk to her now, sir. it's urgent."

"ok. thank you."

i'm not in the mood to talk to anyone right now. especially her mother. did she ask her mother's help to talk to me about what happened last week? not again..i'm tired of everything...  

i dont know if i can still stand all of these...  

i want to be happy.. i have no choice but to answer the call...

"hello...?" (i can hear someone's crying... my heart beats so fast... i dont know why...) 

"mike...si...si...kasi..ano...si..." (my heart is beating faster... i hope this is not a bad news please...) 

"what auntie?tell me..what happened?" (i tried to calm my voice, i dont want her to know that i'm a bit irritated...i want it straight to the point..) 

"hello?? hello??? still there??? speak up!!!"

ahhh!!! what the hell happened?!!

"Brenda, kindly cancel the meeting after lunch.. i need to fix something..."

Brenda is my secretary for 5 years now.. she knows that i do not cancel meetings if it's not really necessary... i know she will take care of everything in my office... she's one of the few chosen people whom i gave my trust... 

i didnt wait for her response. i went straight to the corner of the parking lot where i always park my car.. 

i drive as fast as i can to Mrs. Villegas' home, her mother...

in less than 15 mins. i was able to get here... this is it.. i need to face her... 

i pressed the doorbell thrice.. no one opened it.. so i tried to open the door.. surprisingly, it's not locked... 

i went inside the house.. i saw no one.. it's dark in here... 

then i heard footsteps... 

i can feel someone's looking at me...

"what the..."

"surprise!!!!! sabi ko na darating ka e.. di mo ko matitiis..."

i want to shout at her... kicancel ko ang importanteng meeting because i was worried about her, then what now...niloko na naman nya ko.. tinakot nya pa ko..pati mommy nya pinatawag at pinaacting nya pa...  

pero kahit galit na galit na ko, i dont want to let other people see that there's something wrong between us..despite of what happened, ayoko namang mapahiya siya... so i smiled at them and slowly went out of the house..naisip ko lang, bakit kaya naghanda pa siya at ang dami pang invited na tao..pati family and relatives nya nandun.. well, i dont care.. lahat naman ng pang uuto alam nya..the next thing i knew, she was following me wherever i go.. 

"ano ba? wag mo kong sundan!!!" 

"you dont like it?" 

talagang hinila nya pa ako papalapit sa kanya.. she's seducing me.. but it wont work this time..  

"ano bang kalokohan to Mandy??? ano bang problema mo??! GAME OVER MANDY!!! YOU WON!!!"

"what the hell is wrong with you?? Mike please... not now.. let me explain please... it's not..."

"it's not what it looks like huh?! yan nanaman ba ang linya ng taong caught in the act?? are you fooling me?!"

"ouch!!! Mike nasasaktan ako..."

i just realized that i was already grabbing her arm tightly... tinanggal ko agad.. i didnt mean it... nasobrahan na yata ang galit ko...i gave her one more glance before i walk away.. but i saw her staring at me..with tears.. no.. dont cry... my heart's telling me to hug her and to say sorry but.. my mind refused... not this time... 

i tried to make a step away from her, i was about to continue walking away... 

"i just want to greet you..." 

i heard she whispered softly... i stopped... im confused.. greet me?for what? i asked myself... 

then i felt her arms coming from my back..she embraced me.. full of emotions.. nanghina ako...i dont know but nanlambot ako.. but i have to be strong... i need to do this.. 

"Mike.. 10 seconds please.." 

she's begging for 10 seconds?? can i beg for... FOREVER?  

"mike please listen.." she's turning me around to face her... but i kept still... "i know you will never love me the way i wanted... but please believe me.. i loved you more than anyone else honey.. i will always will" humagulgol siya sa balikat ko.. i cant stand this.. 

"time is up... take your hands off me..NOW!!..."

tumakbo ako palabas ng bahay.. i reached for the door of my car... pero bago pa ko makapasok ng kotse, nakita ko siyang tumatakbo para sken.. she's holding something.. a very small box.. kanina pa ba niya hawak yun.. 

"what?!!!" pasigaw kong sabi sa kanya..wala namang tao rito sa labas.. nobody can hear us.. i saw her eyes full of pain.. siya pa ang nasasaktan ngayon? 

"ha..happy...happy birthday, honey.." humihikbi nyang sabi.. isang pilit na ngiti ang binigay nya sakin.. she hugged me once more.. this time, i felt the warmth of her love..agad syang bumitaw..i want more.. will she kissed me?..no..she didnt.. she's walking away.. tulala pa rin ako.. hanggang sa nawala na siya sa paningin ko.. nilagay nya pala sa ibabaw ng kotse ang small box na yun.. kinuha ko pero di ko binuksan.. i decided to go home.. kailangan ko mapag isa.. 

i went to my room.. i saw every picture of our memories..lalaki ako.. pero.. di ko mapigilan.. tears fell from my eyes.. bumalik ulit alala ko ang lahat lahat.. hindi naman ako nagkaroon ng amnesia but..for the last 3 years of my life, di na ko nalungkot ng ganito.. simula ng dumating sa buhay ko si Mandy..

gusto kong balikan ang lahat.. para maayos ko ang buhay ko.. siguro nga..that's the only way.. i cant continue my life here in Canada... 

marami akong naiwan sa Pilipinas..maraming napabayaan.. i need to go back.. sana maayos ko pa to..  

sana kayanin ko pa..  

pero...

...saan nga ba ako magsisimula..?

----next UD po wag maguluhan.. di pa siya nakakaalis.. pm me if you have questions.. salamat guys..----- 

-nhiejhel-