Muhammad saw

LET'S REVIVE THE SUNNAH OF OUR BELOVED PROPHET MOHAMMAD PBUH.

TODAY ' SUNNAH

Sunnahs about SLEEPING:

To sleep in the state of WUZU (Ablution).

Dust the bed thrice before retiring to bed.

To brush the teeth with a meswak.

One should sleep immediately after ISHA salaah.

To sleep on the right hand side keeping right palm under the right cheek.

To keep the knees slightly bent when sleeping.

To refrain from sleeping on one's stomach.

Ayesha (R.A.) narrates that when Prophet Mohammad (S.A.W.) used to go to the room for sleep, he used to recite Suras Ikhlaas, Falaq, Nass and blow onto his hand (palms) in such a manner that the saliva would drop on them and then he would rub them over his body three times starting from the front of the face.
(Bukhari, Muslim)

Beside this he (S.A.W) would recite:

33 times سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ

33 times الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ

34 times اللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ
(Mishkat)

He also used to recite AYATUL QURSI as Allah has stipulated that the reciter will be protected throughout the night by the angels and the Satan will not come near.
(Bukhari)

Also recite this dua three times :

أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ الَّذِي لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْحَيَّ الْقَيُّومَ وَأَتُوبِ إِلَيْهِ

Its virtues are that all the reciter's sins will be forgiven even if it be equal to the extent of the foam in the ocean.
(Tirmidhi)

Recite Bismillah while closing doors, covering utensils, and putting off the light (candles etc.)
(Mishkat)

Prophet Mohammad (S.A.W.) said that when a person enters his bed (to sleep), an angel and a Shaitaan surround him. The Shaitaan whispers 'your awakening will end in evil' and the angel says' end in good". One sleeps after engaging in dhikr, the angels will protect him throughout the night. In order to gain the protection of the angels, it is wise to engage in Dhikr and then sleep.

The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,'There is a surah in the Qur'an which is only thirty verses. It defended whoever recited it until it puts him into paradise' i.e. SURAH Al MULK.
[Fath al Qadir 5/257, Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Tabrani in Al-Awsat & Ibn Mardawaith]

The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,

'SURAH Al MULK  is the protector from the torment of the grave'
[Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Hakim 2/498 & Nasai]