Question 4-7

Do you have any rules as an author?

One of my major rules probably would be that I always, always, always properly write out every idea I have before it goes into my novel. If I think of something, like a character, it is always properly developed and fully written out before they go into the novel, that way I can see whether or not they’ll work; because if a character doesn’t work in a novel, then I have to change things...so obviously, I have to do that.

What are your target audiences with your books?

Each novel, I think, would have a very different target market, like; I do have a few ideas going through my head. One of my story ideas, they’re going to be very short, and there are going to be a lot of books in it, but it’s going to be very short, and that one would be targeted to the more younger generation and would have more of a childish way for it, just because, I want to get young people into reading the novels, and then when they get older, they’d go move on to my harder novels. Things like My Adventures and Crossover Sagas are more for the teenage to early 20’s demographic, just around that area for those books, because they’re about characters that are around their age, and so, obviously people would be really more interested in characters that are in situations that are similar to theirs...or are very much like them. Whereas Freedom Trilogy is more to an adult demographic; it’s more for people in their 30’s and up, because it does have a highly political thing into it, it’s more for people in that age group.

But really, for every novel, it depends on what the story is going to be like. If it’s going to be something that’s really childish, then it’s more for a younger demographic. If it’s sort of both childish, and at the same time, adult, then it’s for teenage to early 20’s, and then if it’s really adult-like, then it’s for adult.

What about the type of people are you trying to aim your stories at?

Anyone who is interested in reading my novel; I am not picky about who reads it. If someone wants to read it, then they can read it...just as long as they don’t read it, only get five pages in, and then instantly hate it. Really, my stories are for people who do want to read books. If the person doesn’t want to read books, then the childish books would be trying to get them into reading books. But if a person isn’t reading books, then the longer my books are, the less they are for those people.

What type of themes would you like to explore as an author? What do you believe is a message that is important to say in your books?

For Freedom Trilogy, the obvious important theme is that everyone should have the right to freedom of speech, the freedom to do what they want, and not have people telling them what they should or shouldn’t do; that’s the whole idea behind the novel. For My Adventures, I think the message I want for that one is that no matter where you start, everyone has the potential for greatness, because as it’s obvious, the hero starts off with nothing; he’s just a nobody to everyone, and by the end of the novel series, he’s one of the greatest heroes alive. One of the novels is just the whole purpose of it is more to get kids into reading books, so the message is ‘Books can be fun. Reading can be fun.’