chapter 4.

"I can't promise."

My father said and pulled back from the hug. He looked into my mother's blue eyes with his lifeless, sad, esmerald green eyes. It was hard to try and remember the times when those eyes were full of life and happiness. When he would watch me and my sister playing all those years ago.

"And you know that."

He continued and slightly kissed my mother's forehead.

"I know. Why does these things happen to me? It feels like I'm cursed or something."

My mother said while her crying started to calm down slowly.

All I could think was 'why can't he promise?'

"Honey. Listen to me. You are not cursed it's just bad luck."

My father said with the most comforting voice I have ever heard. There was no chance I was staying in here any longer. I didn't know if I could move, but tried anyway. I succeed and started to move my legs slowly towards my parents. I was now so close I could hear their breaths. I was infront of their faces, but they could not see me.

'Was I invisible?'

I though. I guess I was. I walked away from them and walked untill I was somewhere unknown to me. It felt like I had walked for weeks, but it might have been just couple days. I saw an old house that has been empty for years or at least that is what I think. I didn't want to be outside anymore. I just wanted to be somewhere warm and nice. All that came into my mind was when me and my sister were searching all kind of horror. We were always those persons who wanted to feel a presence of a spirit or a ghost and sometimes we did...

I entered the house and heard there was someone else with me.

Bang

I heard coming from above me. I saw stairs leading to upstairs. First I was scared of who could be there, but then I realised the person who is there can't see me. I slowly took every step, scared of what might be on the other side of the stairs.

I saw a man like shape enter a room on the left side of the corridor, what starts on the end of the stairs. I became closer to that room and noticed he left the door open. I entered the room and saw the man drinking a beer. He was broken and hurt. I wonder what goes on in that broken man's head.

'Why did she have to go? I guess I meant nothing to her and him. He was my friend. How could he? I trusted him.'

I could hear his thoughts. Wow. I just wonder if I could....