Chapter 4

“Madison!” I heard a deep voice yell,” Madison, where are you?”

I rolled over with a groan, finding Eve sleeping beside me. I looked around confused, then I realized that I had fallen asleep in the barn.

“Madison!” My head whipped to the side, to see where the voice came from.

I slowly stood up, brushing off all of the loose hay. I picked up Eve and I headed over to the ladder. Now that I was closer to the door, I could hear a bunch of people yelling my name. I made it down the ladder and I walked over to the door. I took a step outside, noticing how dark it had gotten.

“Madison!”

I turned my head to find Tyson and my dad running over towards me. Dad pulled me into a hug as he said,” Thank God you are alright. Where have you been? Do you know how worried I was?”

“Sorry,” I whispered as he pulled back,” I just went to the barn for some quiet time and I guess I fell asleep.”

I scratched Eve behind her ear and she stretched out her front legs. I smiled down at her, before putting her down,  and I heard dad let out a sigh.

“Don’t you ever do something like that again,” He said, as I looked up at him,” I have everyone out looking for you.”

Tyson pulled out a walkie talkie and he said,” The search is off. We found her. Repeat. The search is off.”

He put the walkie talkie away and he frowned at me saying,” I take it you heard everything that Chase said?”

“Only the first part,” I replied,” After that, I wanted to have some quiet time.”

“I’m sorry,” He said.

“You have nothing to apologize for,” I replied,” Now since you found me. Lets go inside. I’m hungry.”

Dad chuckled and Tyson wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we headed towards the house. When we walked inside, Hunter came running down the stairs and he tackled me. Licking my face, causing me to giggle.

“Hunter was worried too,” Dad said with a smile,” He’s been whining none stop.”

“Sorry boy,” I said, sitting up and petting his head.

“Come on,” Dad said walking towards the kitchen,” Lets get you something to eat.”

I pushed myself off of the floor, following Tyson into the kitchen. I sat down at the table across from him as dad started making something. Tyson and I started some small talk when we heard someone walk into the house. We turned our heads towards the door way and Uncle Trey walked in.

“Hey dad,” Tyson said with a smile.

Trey nodded at him and he moved his eyes over to me as he said,” You young lady, don’t ever do anything like that again. Everyone was looking for you.”

“Sorry,” I replied with a little blush,” I promise I won’t do anything like that again.”

“You better keep that promise,” He replied sitting down next to Tyson with a frown on his face,” You have no idea how worried your father and I were.”

“It won’t happen again.”

“Good,” Trey said with a nod.

Suddenly a plate of sloppy joe was placed in front of me and I looked up at my dad. He gave me a smile as he went to get the other’s their plates. I picked up my sloppy joe and I took a bite out of it.

We all started eating, my dad and Uncle Trey talking about an up coming rodeo and stuff. I looked around the kitchen with a frown and realizing that Chase was no where to be seen,