Chapter 2

“Maddie?” I heard my dad’s voice say softly,” It’s time to wake up. We’re here.”

I groaned, making myself sit up and opened my eyes. I blinked a couple of times, taking in the wide open pastors, the beautiful horses, the green grass, and most of all, the house and out buildings.

“This is your ranch?” I whispered in aw.

“Yep,” He replied with a smile,” I named it after you. MJ.”

“Madison Jenelle?” I asked, looking at him with wide eyes.

He nodded at me and I gave him an awkward side hug, causing him to serve a little. He chuckled and I quickly sat up straight, blushing like crazy.

He pulled up in front of the house and parked his truck as I asked him,” Did my stuff make it here?”

“Everything is upstairs in your room, waiting to be unpacked,” He replied with a nod,” While you are doing that, I need to have a word with some of the ranch hands.”

“Ranch hands?”

“Men who help me run the ranch,” He replied with a smile,” You see those three houses over there?” I looked to see where he was pointing and I nodded,” That is where they live. They live on my property just in case something happens, they are right there to help out. We’re just like one big family here.”

“I’m going to have to meet them aren’t I?” I asked a little afraid.

~How many guys work here?~ I thought as I slowly got out of the truck.

“You’ll meet them another day,” Dad said, getting out, walking over to me and wrapping his arm around my shoulders,” I just want you to relax and unpack for today. Alright?”

I nodded my head and he kissed the top of my head before he let go of me and he headed towards the barn. I sighed,  as I walked up the front porch steps and into the house. I looked around, taking in everything it. It was really beautiful on the inside, not something that I was expecting though. I quickly found the stairs and I found my room. I walked in, taking in all of the boxes and I sighed again.

I started unpacking, starting with the winter clothes, went into my dresser. The summer clothes and shoes went into the closet. I started unpacking the little stuff when I came across a picture of me and my mom on my six-tenth birthday. We were both smiling at the camera with cheesy party hats on the top of our heads… That was the last picture we ever took together. I walked over to my night stand and I set it on top, having it facing the bed.

I turned to grabbed the stuff that was on my bed, but froze when I noticed someone standing in the doorway. Slowly I looked up to find a shirtless young man standing there with a cocked eyebrow. I blinked at him a couple of times before I started blushing. I quickly looked away from him and I heard him chuckle.

“Well aren’t you a sight for sore eyes,” He said, making me look at him again.

He was smiling and I asked,” Do I know you from somewhere?”

“I’m Tyson,” He replied with a small frown,” I’m your cousin.”

~Cousin?~ I thought, blinking at him a couple times~ That name does sound familiar~

“Didn’t you come visit me a couple of times when I was little?” I asked, cocking my head to the side.

“I did. That was until your mom really didn’t want you to have anything to do with this side of the family,” He replied, shrugging.

“I don’t understand that,” I said, sitting down on the bed,” Why did she hate you guys so much?”

“I really don’t know,” He replied,” But anyways… I should get back to work. I just wanted to come up and see how much my little cousin has grown.”