Chapter Two

I bit my lip in nervousness. If I thought that taking them down was even remotely a possibility before, right now it seemed like a sick joke . I'm positive the Alpha, if he was there with them would see whatever attack I throw at them as child's play. I started to shake, the Delta would even be a tough match for me. If only living in the wild had the luxury of three course meals I would be stronger and more than just skin and bones. Living away from civilization certainly had its perks, but more often than not when necessities were concerned, it had its cons. I had only eaten a rabbit or two today! Being  what I am meant that it took more than the average person's intake of food to satisfy my body. I really was supposed to be eating more.

I crouched down into a defensive position, my underbelly pressed to the cave's floor, watching the water free-falling at an incredible speed. The only thing I could do right now was wait them out, anything but would be suicide.

I would eat some of my food I had stored in a hole within my den but I am sure my guests would pick up on the noise. I tuned into their conversation to get a sense of the threat they posed. Their voices were hushed and husky, matching with their builds.I nearly laughed aloud once again thinking of a well-built man with a high pitched voice, rather than a deeper one that probably would have complimented his body type. Focus! My musings were providing a distraction from the current situation at hand.

The group outside were still quite a distance away from the lake surrounding the waterfall which hid me from view, but now they were no longer talking, I had guessed they switched to a mind link. This no doubt, was not good. I could hear the rustling of the foliage in the area and the sound of crunching leaves drawing nearer. I hated the feeling of weakness I had. Had this not been a group made up of such muscular men, and had I not been so close to hunger then perhaps...perhaps I may have had a fighting chance. I could only hope their attacks would be swift.

I was suddenly taken over in anger. How could I have been so reckless? Surely this situation could have been prevented. I was fuming, hopefully my new-found anger would help me, even in the slightest. I would try and take down with me as many as possible.