Would You Know?

"What you doing," Val's cool voice fell easily on my ears, "seems like it's been forever since I heard from you."

"Shit," I sighed with a small smile playing against my lips, "Coach been working us out." I could hear her chuckle. To be honest when it came to my life and the women in it, I was all over the place. I'm young, a star wide receiver in the NFL, and not to boast or nothing but I feel like ain't too many niggas out here touching me in the department of looks. I stroked my beard as I lay on my couch. "So lil mama, what you been up to, I wanna see you."

"You don't wanna see me; you wanna get up in these guts." She joked, but she knew me too well cause she was right. "But I got a couple things I need to do here in the city, I'll meet you at yours in," she paused I guess to look at her clock, "hmm, 2 hours?"

"That's too fucking long, I'll be out by then." I complained halfheartedly. "What you gotta do?"

"Cook dinner for my mom and then take my nieces home to their dad but if you think you won't be up, leave the key under the mat and I'll still come through for a night cap?" I messed with a lot of different girls but something about her was easy, she wasn't a hoe or nothing to me but she still played her position the correct way. Val did her own thing, and let me do me which was greatly appreciated given my life.

"I guess that'll work." I stood up and made my way over to my entertainment center, grabbing a PS4 controller and turning the system on. "What you making baby?" I licked my lips like she could see me.

"A meal." She shot back quickly.

"Man chill," I chuckled a little and rolled my eyes, "you sound like my mama now."

"Why you need to know all that?" She was being difficult, which would annoy me with any other girl, but with her I tolerated it because I knew it was playful.

"I'm making spicy shrimp parmesan penne and some Caesar salad." My mouth started watering instantaneously; we were on the same page solely because she knew I don't cook and I'm always ordering takeout. "I'll bring you some."

"Thank you."

— 

It was close to 8 before Val got to my place, I hadn't fallen asleep but I was damn near close to it though. Her hair was pulled back into a messy ponytail and her body was wrapped in a puffy jacket in the harsh cold weather, her nose burned a bright red as she held a tub of pasta and a smaller tub of salad. I side stepped and let her rush in, her wet sneakers squeaked on my wood floors. 

"Hey." Her teeth chattered against each other as I slid her jacket off her arms, revealing a Nike hoodie and sweats over a pair of joggers. I shook my head and before I could flame her she put her hand up and set the food down in the kitchen, "Before you even get started, shut up and save that cheese for the mice. It's cold and it's wash day. I had to get creative."

"Aight, you got it then...I won't fire yo ass up cause you look tacky." I caught her sending me a hateful glare out the corner of my eye. "SORRY! I had to get at least one in." My arms snaked around her waist as we stood in my kitchen.

"I hate you." Her lips grazed my cheek as she wrapped me in a warm hug. "Ugh," she grunted in my ear, "you smell like stale feet! Have you showered yet nasty?" Her big brown eyes were wide in disgust and her button nose flared at the nostrils. I rolled my eyes and sniffed my armpits, knocked back by the stench. "All up on me knowing you smell like ripe ass in the dead of summer. Ew."

"Aye now, I ain't say nothing bout this tacky ass ensemble you decided to sport over here. You ain't gotta lay a yung'n out like dat." I frowned pulling off my workout shirt. "But I'll go take a shower for little miss princess if she gotta have her way."