chapter 20

Principal Cinch came to sit with Dean Cadence while Principal Celestia sat with Vice Principal Luna.

"Welcome, everyone, to the tri-cross relay." Dean Cadence announced.

The Canterlot students cheered, very excited.

"In this event, our qualifying competitors will face off in archery." Dean Cadence continued.

Applejack, Fluttershy, Sci-Twi, and Atticus were by the archery field, in uniform, and ready to go.

"Speed-Skating." Dean Cadence continued.

Cherry, Lemon Zest, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie were by the speed skating field in uniform and ready to go.

Cherry did not have her skates on yet, she was hiding after her name was called. She took out Eglantine's wand that she had snuck with her to help give her advantage in the game. "Oh, please let this work for me..." she whispered to herself since she was not a witch by birth as she waved the wand to give herself perfect balance for the skating round.

"And finally, motocross." Dean Cadence finished.

Sunset Shimmer, Rainbow Dash, Sugarcoat, and Indigo Zap were on their bikes on the ramps, in uniform, and also ready to go. Mo was going to be with Sunset for this round, but since Rainbow Dash was faster, she changed for Dash's sake.

"Thanks for letting Rainbow Dash do this." Patch's voice said from inside her backpack.

Mo opened her bag and reached her hand inside to pet the top of Patch's head.

"So, if the competitors are ready..." Dean Cadence looked to the competitors, she took out a soccer horn and blew it loud.

Principal Cinch did not like the sound, but Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna were extremely excited. Fluttershy and Atticus ran as the horn was blown.

"Each competitor must hit a bulls-eye before their teammates can start the next leg of the relay." Cadence told everyone through the microphone.

Fluttershy ran slower than Atticus. Atticus jumped up, tucked, rolled, and picked up his bow and arrows, focusing on the target. Once he was in position, Atticus brought out three arrows and shot all three of them from his bow and where he got a bulls-eye. Sci-Twi and Applejack reacted in utter shock.

Since Atticus was done, it was Sci-Twi's turn. Fluttershy struggled with the arrows. Atticus looked behind him as Sci-Twi was on her way over. But she tripped on one of the bails of hay which caused for Atticus to wince out of pain.

"Ooh, that had to hurt..."

Fluttershy still struggled, she got her bow up in the right position, but still couldn't hit a target. Sci-Twi swung on the rope and put her feet on the platform, but was about to fall. Atticus decided to help her out so then she wouldn't fall. Fluttershy took a deep breath and was able to hit one target at last.

Atticus helped Sci-Twi up to her feet. "There you go."

Fluttershy gave a thumb's up to Applejack and now it was the honest country girl's turn. Applejack rushed over to take her turn.

"Good luck." Atticus told Sci-Twi before leaving.

"Thanks." Sci-Twi smiled.

Fluttershy smiled to Applejack. Sci-Twi looked determined as she shot her arrow, though very anxiously. Applejack looked worried for her, but focused on her own target as it spun in a circle in front of her eyes and she shot the arrow. And where she got a bulls-eye on the first try. Pinkie Pie and Rarity beamed once they started to skate, leaving Lemon Zest and Cherry in the dust.