xx

I awoke from being knocked out for the second time that night. I had no way of knowing how long I had been out either times, so I had no idea how late into the night it was.

I surveyed my surroundings in surprise. I was in the dark room from my dreams where Hawthorne and Magnus were originally talking about me. The creepy fire in the middle of the room was dying, making the light scarce.

I reached my thoughts out and found that there were no people in the room that I could read. So, I was alone.

But why leave me alone in this room? What was the point?

It was then that I realized that I was sitting at the same vantage point as the dreams, in the clear container.

I touched the walls, only to bring my hand back to my chest in pain. The walls must've been enchanted or something, so I couldn't touch them. Great. All I needed was more magic to ruin my day, am I right?

The enclosure seemed to be about five feet round, maybe four feet high. I wouldn't be able to stand at all in the small space, not unless I wanted to be electrocuted by the walls again.

So, that's why they left me. I couldn't break out of the enclosure, and it looked like I was stuck until someone came and realized I was awake.

But I wasn't chained down to the floor like Victoria had been, so that was something.

"Hello, Olivia." Said a small voice from a dark corner.

I looked frantically around in the dark, but I couldn't see anyone. I again reached out with my thoughts, but came back with nothing. In fact, it seemed that, if anything, there was just something blocking my perception. Maybe it was the weird enchanted walls. They could be the reason why I couldn't read the person or persons hidden in the darkness of the room.

The shadow stepped out and I stifled a snarl.

Magnus Moore.

I was furious at him. He had come after me with Hawthorne. He tried to stop me from helping Bella, which resulted in her mom being killed by Hawthorne. He had helped Hawthorne kill all those hunters, even if their deaths weren't by his own hand.

I despised Magnus Moore with all my fiber right now.

"Get away from me!" I spat at him, seeing as he was walking closer.

He sighed and flinched as he looked down at me, somehow looking genuinely sorry for what he had done, though I wasn't buying it.

"I'm sorry, Olivia. It had to be this way. My family . . . this was the only way . . . my brother . . ."

"Who is your brother?" I voiced. "I mean – I'm about to be imprisoned forever or killed by my own father, so you might as well tell me."

"Well-"

"Magnus!"

He flinched again as Hawthorne came swooping in the room with a big black cloak on his shoulders. A boy followed him, but due to the poor lighting I couldn't tell who he was. A final figure came through the doors, looking to be fighting against an imaginary force pulling her in. She had roped binding her arms and a furious expression that I would recognize anywhere, even in the poor lighting.

Bella Barnes.

"Get these stupid binds off of me, you animals!" she screeched. "Where is Liv?! What have you done with her?!"

Hawthorne only laughed at her before turning on me with a sneer. "So, it's awake?"

I sneered right back at him, "It's not very kind to call your own daughter an 'it'"