Chapter 11: Results The First Time

Hanna:     The next day I got dressed up again. Today I found out if I was through again. I felt as though I was ready to puke. What if I didn't get through. What if the line ended here. 

Liam:       "Could you please stop pacing!" Niall said, "I'm already ready to puke and watching you is making me dizzy." I stopped, sitting down, only to tap my feet. Niall rolled his eyes before closing them. 

Hanna:      We were called to the stage. I felt as though I was going to puke then and there. They started saying names, saying if they were safe or not. I looked at Cher, who seemed genuinely panicked. Rebecca Ferguson, who had her eyes closed and hands folded as if she were preying. Then I looked over at One Direction, who all looked calm. Although I knew that wasn't calm. It was a brave face. Liam looked like he was holding back everything, Louis looked like he was about to puke, Zayn was totally expressionless, Niall had his eyes closed, Harry looked like he was about to cry. I did a small nod as to say "Hope you do well," in Liam's direction. He returned the nod and I looked over at the host of the show. "Matt Cardle," he addressed. Matt stepped forward, and he had the same, expressionless face as everyone else. "You performed well, you sang great, and you have been voted on and..." I hated the suspense. I mean really. I bit my lip, hoping he stuck around. "You are safe." the host said. Matt went down, onto his knees in happiness. I smiled and clapped as he walked over to the seats and sat down. "Josh," the host said, "Please step forward." Josh did so. "You performed, to use Simon's words, 'Like you were singing kareoke.' And you are," the host stopped again. My heart pounded. "In the bottom two. I'm sorry." Then he walked over to the stools. "Cher Lloyd," the host said. Cher looked like she was about to cry. "You performed amazingly, you're singing was what you got Simon to call 'Brilliant'. And we are going to find out how you did," he paused, "After the break." Cher laughed, although she looked panicked. 

Liam:       Cher was safe. So was Belle Amie. And so was Rebecca Ferguson. Now we were on for another break. The host came back up on the stage. "Alright," he said, "Now for Hanna Raymond. You performed like, as Cheryl put it, 'A true performer', you sang in a way never done before on the show. Now the question is, what did the UK think of it." he paused. I saw Hanna, our gazes met for just a moment. My heart felt as though it had stopped. Or maybe it was beating so fast I couldn't feel that they were individual beats. Hanna had a look of no feeling on her face. I knew she was panicking. We all were. The pause seemed to last forever. "You are safe." Hanna raised her arms in the air and screamed, running over to the couch. Matt hugged her and she took her seat.  

Hanna:      After another five minutes of people going onto the safe couch. Then he said the words. "One Direction," the host said. I sat forward in my seat. "You are the example of the next upcoming boyband. But did Britan agree with that statement. Liam bit his lip, and I closed my eyes. I wanted him to come and sit next to me. Not on those stools. The pause lasted what felt like years. My heart beat so fast I thought it was going to bust out of my chest. "You are safe," he said. The boys all jumped in the air, whooping and screaming. They ran toward the couch and I stood up. I half expected to run to him, kissing him. But Liam stopped only a few inches from me. We couldn't kiss on Live TV. At least not when it was out ruled. So we hugged. Maybe a little longer than we should've. When we pulled away, we noticed Simon staring at us. We smiled and sat down. We were through. 

*******************************************************************************************************

   After the show, we came back and put a party into swing. "To all of us staying!" Matt said, raising his glass. We clinked our glasses, sipping the contense. 

"To another week," Liam said to me, clinking his glass against mine. I kissed his lips. 

"To not doing that on the show," I said afterward. He laughed, kissing me again. 

"Lanna! Lanna! Lanna!" Cher started chanting. I pulled away, Liam suddely wiping my lipstick off his lips. We laughed. This was fun. I loved it.