Chapter 23: Oh No

Hanna:   That night I decided to celebrate. Liam and I kissed. There were going fireworks tonight. How fitting. 

"Congratulations," Liam said, "Winner." 

"Thanks," I said, "Third placer." 

"Geeze, don't rub it in or anything," Liam said. We were ushered outside to the fireworks. Zayn put on a black wig as him and Louis messed around. I looked at Liam. 

"Come on," I said, grabbing his hand. Cher gave me a worried look as Liam and I ran around the house to the side, where I pressed my lips to Liam's. I kissed him and I ended up against the house, his kisses were strong. I could smell his cologne. I felt a light breeze. I heard the sounds of fire crackers. I heard people cheering. I felt Liam's hands in my hair. I heard someone cough. 

Wait, that someone was close. I stopped kissing Liam, only to see a figure in the black night. 

"Hello?" I asked. A firework went off behind us and I saw the face of the person watching us. Simon. My heart stopped. His face was pained. Liam moved quickly a safe distance from me. As if he could pass it off as just talking anymore. 

"Is this real?" Simon asked. Those were the first words out of his mouth. Liam tried. 

"No sir. I was just congragulating Hanna on her sucess this week," Liam lied. 

"You know I won't believe that Liam," Simon said. Liam's face fell, and he looked down at his shoes. 

"Yes," he said, "It is true." 

"Hanna?" Simon asked. As if my answer would be any different. 

"Yes," I said, "It's real." 

"I can't believe it," Simon said. It was quiet. I wanted more than anything to erase the past five minutes. Simon shook his head, "I want to see you in my office tomorrow morning. I'll tell you guys how I'm going to do this then. Now go enjoy the fireworks." I walked with Liam, my head hung. Cher looked saddly at me. 

***********************************************************************************************************

Liam:   We were on our way to Simon's office. I had been inside a few times. But now it felt like I may as well have been on my way to prison. Or a torture chamber. 

Simon sat at his desk, his face expressionless. 

"I wish it wouldn't have been you two," he said as soon as we entered the room. 

"Me too," Hanna said under her breath. I felt a pang of sadness at her words. Did she mean she regretted everything we had?

"Here's how I'm going to play it," Simon said, "It's too late in the game to get rid of both of you, and I can't just make one of you disapear." I felt my spirits rise. Maybe I could stay. "One of you is going to be voted off," Simon said. So much for my first theory. "We're going to leave it up to the audience. Who ever gets the lowest score of the two of you will be the one to leave," Simon said. Hanna nodded, sadness reflecting in her big brown eyes. "You are dismissed," Simon said and we left. 

*********************************************************************************************************

Hanna:   We were back at the house now. I went to my room and slid on my headphones, hitting play. 

Liam:   I went up to my room, to find the guys in the room. I looked at all their eyes. They weren't happy. "What the heck," Louis said, breaking the silence, "You got caught?" 

"Yeah," I said, "And now we have to beat Hanna if we are going to stay in the game." 

"Dude, you realize what this does for all of us right?" Zayn asked. 

"Guys, I'm more concentrated on the fact I have to beat my girlfriend," I said. Harry rolled his eyes. 

"Well sorry, we were too worried about the fact you just got us all kicked off the show because you couldn't give her up," Harry said. I stopped. 

"No, we just have to beat Hanna," I said. 

"Nooo. We have to beat the girl who got first in the last voting," Niall said. I bit my lip. 

"Listen Liam, we know you're upset, but its no longer about you and Hanna's relationship. Its a compotition now," Louis said. I nodded. 

"Okay," I said. I heard a knock on the door. I opened it. Hanna stood outside. 

"Hey, not really a good time," I said. 

"Wait," Hanna said. 

"What?" Niall asked angrilly. 

"I have an idea. I don't want to screw everything up for all of you guys," Hanna said. 

"Too late," Zayn muttered. 

"I'm going to forfit," Hanna said. Her words may as well have been a knife to my chest. I'm going to forfit. I'm going to forfit. 

I'm going to forfit.