Chapter 8

Calum POV

A couple months passed and me and Alex were practically best friends. "So are you gonna ask Alex to homecoming" Luke asked me. I was definitely gonna ask her I mean I have been having a crush on her since the first day I meet her. I was just scared she was gonna say no. "Of course I'm gonna ask her" "better ask her soon its this Friday mate" I totally forgot its this Friday. "Dont worry I'll ask her today". I decided I was gonna ask her after school at the front door were I told her to meet me the first time we met. "Hey why did you want me to meet you here" she asked me. Man I was really nervous what if she says no. " I wanted to ask you if you want to go to homecoming with me" she looked at me with a big smile "What time are you picking me up" she asked. Yes yes yes she said YES. "6:30 sharp" "I'll be there" she smirked. I was so excited for Friday oh shit I need to buy a tux.

Alex's POV

It was Friday night and it was homecoming. I was very excited mostly because me and Calum were going together.I decided to wear a long sleeve maroon dress with black flats and my brown curly hair was down. For my makeup I just put some eye shadow and some eyeliner and mascara nothing special. I was all ready so I texted Calum to see if he was on his way or not.

Alex
Hey are you on your way?

CalPal
Yeah just wait outside.

Alex
Alright I can't wait

I went to go wait outside still no sign of Calum. 2 minutes later I see Calums car with balloons on the back of his car. He got out of his car and he was all dressed up I gotta admit he looked really hot. "You look beautiful" I start to blush "whats with the balloons" I asked "i wanted to make this night special for you". We walked to his car of course he opened the door for me like the gentleman he is. He closed the door and then he got in as well. We got to the school and I was pretty nervous because I was scared what people were gonna say to me what if they make fun of me. Calum saw that I was getting scared "its gonna be ok I'll protect you" then he gave me a warm hug. I always loved it when he gave me hugs I always felt safe. Me and Calum walked in holding hands and right away I saw Jared. I started to hold Calums hand more tight. "Uhhh Alex you're hurting my hand" "oh sorry". Calum still didn't know about the whole Jared thing. I didn't want to tell him yet. We went to go find the guys but they weren't here yet. I think we were to early. So we just decided to go dance I know weird right, but it was actually fun. We were just playing around I wanted to get a drink so Calum came with me. While we were walking over someone stopped us it was Jared. "Well looks who it is the little attention whore" Jared says with a stupid little grin. "Leave me alone Jared " "oh you should of came with me sweetheart we would've had way more fun" "SHUT up Jared " Calum was confuses he didn't know what was going "Jared leave her alone" "Alex he doesn't know right what happened last year" "JARED SHUT THE FUCK UP". I was starting to tear up so I just ran out. I went outside and sat on the bench. I was crying like crazy. I HATED him so much I wish he could just leave my life. I decided to take out the blade I had in my purse. I mean why not he's the reason why I started cutting my self. I did the first line then i started doing more and more until I heard a familiar voice. "Alex?"

Calum POV

I was trying to find Alex. I saw from far away she was on the bench but she was doing something. I decided to walk closer to see what she was doing. I came closer to the point I was right next to her. She was cutting herself. Alex was cutting herself. How long has she been doing this was it because of Jared. I swear why would he hurt such a sweet, beautiful, innocent girl. She was doing so many so I decide to stop her. "Alex?". She looked at me with tears in her eyes. She got up and ran. I ran to my car cause trust me she ran really fast but that's not the point. We got to her house at the same time no one was home. I got out of my car and she was running to the front door so did I. She tried closing the door on me but she was to weak. I came into her house and she sat there sobing. "Alex calm down " "I CANT CALM DOWN you just saw me cut myself and your probably gonna tell the whole school and the guys and everyone is gonna hate me". "Why would I do that the guys would never hate you and I wouldn't tell the whole school something personal like cutting yourself " she just cried in my shoulder. I didn't understand why she would think I would do that.

Alex POV

I just cried my heart out. I was scared that Calum would say something but after he said that it was true Calum would never do something like that. I was still crying though. Calum started to hug me making me feel warm and loved. I tried to calm myself down. "So tell me what was Jared talking about so that I can understand " I took a deep breath he needed to find out sooner or later. "Jared asked me out to the valentine's day dance but just as friends but when we were at the dance he asked me out and I said no I told my mom to pick me up and when I got home I got a text from him and it said he loved me but I ignored him so a couple days later ....he..he told everyone that I cut myself and that's when I started cutting myself " I tell him with tears starting to come out of my eyes "He can go fuck himself if he ever hurts you again I'll be there I will protect you ok" "ok" he stared at me with his dark brown eyes we were getting closer and closer and our lips met. Calums warm lips kissed my lips he smiled in the kiss and we just couldn't stop the kiss was warm and nice I didn't want it to end. Our lips detached and he looked at me and smiled " kiss me again you idiot" we started kissing again. I loved the way he kissed it wasent to rough it wasn't to soft it was just right. The kiss stoped " I want to ask you something its something I have been wanting to ask you for awhile since the first day I meet you I always had feelings for you, you were so mysterious and I just wanted to know everything about you, I love everything about you your hair you eyes your taste in music your just perfect so Alex Hernandez will you be my girlfriend? " I stared at him a tear went down my eye not because I was sad but because I was happy all those things he said were so sweet and he was so sweet. "yes I will be your girlfriend " he smiled and kissed me again. He had to leave because it was getting late I walked him outside he grabbed my wrist and gave it a light kiss "can you do me a favor" Calum told me "what is it" I asked "please at least try to stop cutting yourself cause if you don't im gonna have to tell someone, someone that can help you" I thought to myself maybe I do need to stop "ok I'll try to stop" he kissed me one last time. I loved that Calum cared about me a lot. I think I love him.

///this is probably the longest chapter I have ever written///