Chapter Twenty-Seven

"That's the funniest joke I've ever heard," Arang guffawed as she slapped her thigh repeatedly

"That's the funniest joke I've ever heard," Arang guffawed as she slapped her thigh repeatedly. The confident smile Taehyung had plastered on his face when he had asked her that audacious (and not to mention completely absurd) question slowly started to fade away. He had been listening to the girl laugh maniacally for the past five minutes now. It was the first time he had ever seen her do such a thing and although he should have been offended, he wasn't.

Her genuine smile was actually kind of cute.

Taehyung wasn't dumb; with that kind of reaction he realized that his assumption had to be way off. To save him from the humiliation he'd surely face if Arang were to find out that he had been serious, he decided to play along and pretended that everything he had said to her was an act. However, deep down he had the tiniest sliver of hope that maybe, just maybe, he had caught something.

"Yeah I'm hilarious, I know. Can you put a cork in it though? You're distracting me with that annoying laugh of yours." He grumbled, his grip on the steering wheel tightening.

Arang toned it down a bit as she cleared her throat and glanced at the driver. "You were the one who said it. What were you expecting? Did you think I'd stammer because you had guessed correctly? Or did you want to see my cheeks turn a crimson red as I shyly nodded my head, confirming your suspicions?"

"Of course I wasn't anticipating either one of those things! Just drop it, would you? We've already established that it was joke. Har har, now let's build a bridge and get over it." Taehyung huffed, irritated. What was he expecting? Did he think that Arang, the girl who couldn't stand the sight of him, actually developed romantic feelings for him? That probably wouldn't happen even if the apocalypse took place!

"Geez, what's got your panties in a twist?" Arang muttered.

"What's got my what?" Taehyung repeated; he was definitely confused.

"It's an idiom." She explained. "It means what's wrong with you? Or another example would be who stuck that stick up your a—"

"Okay, okay. I get it. You don't need to finish that sentence. I already know what you're going to say." He cut her off because truthfully speaking Taehyung wasn't the biggest fan of cursing. He found it completely unattractive, especially if a girl were to do it.

"Fine, where are we going?" She looked out the window but failed to recognize where they were.

"What do you mean where are we going? I'm bringing you home. It's been a long day." He replied, making a left turn.

"But I don't want to go home. At least not yet." Arang stated as she stared down at her hands. "I don't feel like talking to anyone right now. Knowing my parents they'd bombard me with questions as soon as I set foot inside the house. I don't want to deal with that right now."

"Is that why you didn't reply to anyone on your phone?"

Her head snapped his direction. "You were watching me? Talk about being creepy."