Chapter Forty-Seven

The sun was beginning to get swallowed by the horizon, allowing nightfall to take its place

The sun was beginning to get swallowed by the horizon, allowing nightfall to take its place. "Where should we go now?" Taehyung questioned as he strolled beside Arang, who was occupied with the brochure in her hand. Thankfully, there was a Hangul version or else she wouldn't have been able to understand anything!

She had grabbed it from the concierge desk upon their return from the beach. Due to the fact that their clothes were damped, the two of them had openly received several confused and bewildered expressions from almost everyone in the lobby, both the staff and the other guests alike.

However, the uncomfortable situation was nothing new to them. Having been in the spotlight for so long, they've learned to adapt rather easily to the various scenarios that could occur. Plus, they had far more important matters clouding up their minds, like, you know, how they had just shared their first kiss and what not.

"The late night street markets around here are really popular. There's also a lot of cheap and delicious food around, too. Should we check it out?" Arang suggested excitedly. Her eyes then settled on Taehyung. The boy could feel the goosebumps unfurling against his skin and swallowed the imaginary lump of air lodged in the back of his throat. He felt his breathing shorten. His heart nearly leapt right out of his chest as he gazed into those mesmerizing brown eyes.

Next, his mind replayed their little make-out session from earlier, which had lasted a good thirty minutes, and a thick layer of blush immediately settled over his cheeks. The recollection of her wet, bare and supple skin against his slightly rough and callous hands made him feel hot and extremely bothered. Damn hormones. To think that the only thing separating him from basking in the rest of her glorious body was a flimsy towel didn't help his case either. This was definitely not the appropriate time for him to be getting all worked up.

Taehyung inwardly groaned, and cleared his throat with a cough. "That sounds good to me."

The closest cluster of street markets is only ten minutes away by foot from the hotel and they decided to opt out on spending money on a taxi and walk to the delegated place instead.

Popular would be an understatement. The street the pair was currently exploring was completely jam-packed by other patrons. If they weren't careful, Arang and Taehyung could easily be split apart. Not wanting to be separated from one another, Arang thought fast on her toes and quickly intertwined her fingers with the boy's. Taehyung was stunned as he glanced down at their meshed limbs. The initial shock wore off though because the warmth from her palm had his insides all knotted up. He suppressed the broad smile threatening to break out onto his face by biting onto his lower lip.

No, this isn't the first time he's held hands with her. But it is the first time he's held hands with the girl he liked. This was almost as incredible as kissing her. The keyword being almost. Oh, and let's not forget that she was the one who grabbed onto him first!