3,000mile love

They had Tuesday off due to bomb threats to the school. Brooke slept until 2pm. Not only because they didn't have school, but because she was up all night. Thinking about the things that had happened in the last few days.

Let's recap. An amazing boy that she now deeply loves entered her life. They clicked. They kissed. Just when things seemed like they were falling into place, things snapped. Instead of falling into place, things fell apart. The call sent an earthquake of pain to her heart. And now here she is, putting clothes on to go see her love one last time.

She opened her door. The cold met her face. She shivered. Then made her way over to Cory's house. As she approached, her eyes met a huge moving truck already half full. The wood furniture, polished and still dust free, was piled to the roof of the truck. A tear escaped. It slid down her cheek like a young child on a sled, making their way down a snow covered hill. In the door way of the luxurious home stood Cory. The moment he saw her, he ran. Right into her arms came Cory James Hallor.

"Brooke I'm so happy you're here. I just wish I could bring you to Cali." California?! That's 3,000 miles away..
But Brooke kept this thought to herself.

"I wish that too Cj."