Chapter Seven

Marshall's P.O.V...

It's been two months, since she left. Alex seemed distant, because of that reason. I know I was distant, well, I'm distant now. Yeah, we still text and kiss and stuff. But, the vibe, you know? Alex seems to not want to be with me.

Alex's P.O.V...

I hold the cold object in my hand. Is it really worth it? Is it worth scarring? Is it worth the pain? I don't know. But who could care anyway? Bethany's gone. Fuck, I hate this.

"Why?!!" I screamed, throwing the blade. I grabbed a fistful of my hair in both of my hands and tugged. I can't breathe. It hurts.

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

I grabbed my phone, answering it. I sniffled.

"Hello?"

"Babe?"

"What Marshall?"

"Are you crying?"

"Yes, yes I am. And what? It's not like you care."

"I'm on my way"

"No, leave me alone."

"Bye."

I got up and ran out, grabbing my car keys. I turned on the engine and pulled out. I stepped on the pedal, not knowing where the fuck I'm going. But I'm not staying home, I can't let Marshall find me.

I want to be alone. For now. No, I don't. What am I saying? No one wants to be alone. I can't see, fuck. Blink back the tears, Alex. Come on. Shut up. Just shut up. Shh.

The past two months have been pretty horrible. Every day has been different. Some days, I had put myself down. Others, a blade in my hand, not using it, just contemplating if I should. And others, with a bottle of pills in my hands. Sometimes even, just lay on my bed, crying.

I close my eyes for a second, and she's there, in my head. I quickly open my eyes.

"Don't fucking do that to me, Bethany!" I screamed. I pulled over to the side, putting my head on top of the steering wheel. I can't do this. I cant. Yes I can. I can do this. It'll be okay. Right?

"Breathe, just breathe." I said, closing my eyes again. Listening to myself breathe. I wiped my face from the tears and pulled back into the road. Maybe I just need alone time. But from what? Marshall's already distant. Jack moved. My parents don't bother me. Or maybe a break from things. Right?

Marshall's P.O.V...

Her mother wasn't there, neither was she. Where could she have gone? Should I call her? She probably won't answer. It's worth a goddamn try. Right?

2:06 AM...

Where is Alex? She hasn't came to her house, yet. She hasn't answered me or replied to my texts. I'm getting so worried. I don't know what to do. I can't do anything, if I don't get connected to her. My eyes started closing. No!

"Marshall, where could she be?" I asked myself, out loud. Well, there's my house, but she's not there or else my parents would've called me. Jack doesn't even have contact with her anymore. And Bethany's house, she..that's where she is!

I stood up from the couch and left, getting into my mother's car. I started driving towards Bethany's house. Well not really her house, since she's gone, but I'll keep it the way I want.

The drive seemed so long, dreading to be here again. I get out and slide the window open, where she used to sleep. Alex was there, laying on her bed. She as holding one of Bethany's books?

"Alex, we can't be here." I whispered. She looked up. Sort of with a smirk? What? I blinked, quickly. Worried that her parents will come. "Marshall, they're not here. They're on a trip. I called them earlier. So therefore, I will be here. Inhaling her scent. It's weird, but I miss her. You know? I miss her, just living. I couldn't save her." She says.

I sit on the edge of her bed, stroking Alex's hair. "Alex, I miss her too. But, can we just leave that behind for a second. We're becoming distant. I don't want to lose you." I said. She nodded.

"You'll never lose me." She said, sitting up, pressing her lips on mine. I pushed her back into the bed, climbing on her. I kissed her. A trail of kisses, down her neck. She covered her face.

"I love you, Marshall."

"I love you, Alex. Without you, I'm nothing. But together, we're infinite."

---------------
See what I did on that last line ;))) sorry for short chapter. It's bad. I know, forgive me. It's like 1 in the morning and I had to get something up because I'm gonna be busy this week ugh. But yeah. Yay.
-Elizabeth