Chapter Twenty

(IF ANYONE WAS READING MY OTHER BOOK 'Temporary Fix' SORRY BUT I'VE ABANDONED IT. I SHOULDN'T HAVE STARTED IT WITHOUT REALLY BEING ABLE TO FINISH IT. I'M NOT GONNA DELETE IT, I COULD RESURRECT IT YET TBH BUT THE CHONCE IS SLIM lol. SORRY IF ANYONE'S DISAPPOINTED BUT NOW I CAN FOCUS ON THIS STORY SO YAY! Enjoy my loves, and thank you so so much for 3K!! I'd really appreciate your votes and opinions. All the Love.)

I park his car carefully outside, making triple sure it's locked and safe. Yes, he is a righteous ass, but he's a righteous ass with a nice car... I'm convinced he brought Chloe for the sole reason that I dislike her. And now I can say it without feeling guilty, she's a bitch. Who does she think she is? I like my style. I don't run around in skirts so far up my backside they might as well be panties, but I'm stylish.

I shake these thoughts from my head. I am not going to dwell on a simple passing remark. What's the point? God knows I'm not going to do anything about it.

It truly is freezing cold tonight. You can tell fall is quickly changing into winter. I suppose it's to be expected, after all we are coming into the closing week of October. Wow, October... It still feels like September to me. Crazy.

I quickly make my way to the warmth of my own apartment, I'm glad I left the heating on. As soon as I'm in the door, I call my mother again. To my surprise, she doesn't pick up on the first call, in fact, it rings through to her voicemail.

"Hi, it's Angie. Leave a message!" 

"Momma... it's me, Ellen. Sorry I had to go earlier, I was meeting some friends. You should come visit me, you can meet Harry... my boss. You can stay here, I'll cook and everything. Call me back if next week sounds okay? Love you." I say just before the phone bleeps, telling me my time to record my message is up. 

I really do miss my momma. We were really close before I moved. I hope she comes, and isn't mad at me for leaving Scott. I know she really liked Scott, I think it took me moving away to realize I didn't. I force my brain to stop overthinking and analyzing everything and pull on my pajamas. I laugh to myself, what would Chloe think of these pajamas? Plaid, red trousers and a matching button up bed shirt. Not exactly sexy, is it? A set of shiny metallic objects catch my eye when I re enter the kitchen.

Shit. What do I do with Harry's keys? Should I put them through his mailbox? No, the key to his apartment is on the key-ring. Oh god, why did I take them? I thought I was being smart and sassy but in hindsight, I was so dumb. He's probably walking home right now, in the freezing cold, all by himself. Not that he can't take care of himself.

I give myself an ultimatum. I can stay here, assume he'll get here eventually and just give him the keys when he undoubtedly comes knocking and take his approach to things, the I don't care if you freeze to death walking home attitude or I could drive his car and go looking for him. 

Somehow I know, if we role-switched this situation, he wouldn't just sit back. I get the gut feeling that he'd come looking for me, all guns blazing no doubt. A thought then flashes in my head. What if he's still in the bar with the rest of them? In fact, that's probably where he is... but the notion doesn't satisfy me, so I call Louis.

"Hey, is Harry still with you?" I ask him promptly.

"No, he left about ten minutes after you did." he says with a slight slur. "By the way, taking his car keys, absolutely genius babe." He laughs.

"Thanks." I laugh nervously. He should be home by now then. He should've been home ages ago. "I'm gonna go look for him."

"I'm sure he's one hundred percent a okay." Louis chortles. "You should come back, it's no fun without you, innit not lads!" Louis shouts.