Chapter Thirty

Guys I just want to tell you all how grateful I am to each one of you for reading this story. Your lovely comments never fail to make me smile<3 So this chapter is dedicated to whomever is reading this right now. Thank YOU!!

Idk if you want it but I'm giving you a list of the songs I have in my Hellen playlist ;)

That Kind of Love- MAX (I've decided this is this books theme song ok, LISTEN TO IT)

Alone Together- Fall Out Boy (the other theme lmao)

House of Memories- Panic! At The Disco

BITE- Troye Sivan

Homesick- Catfish & The Bottlemen

Fallout- Catfish & The Bottlemen

Wrong- MAX

Flight 609- MAX

Foreigner's God- Hozier

Free Fallin'- John Mayer

The Feeling- Justin Bieber

Fools Gold- 1D

Love Songs, Drug Songs- X Ambassadors

Unsteady- X Ambasssadors

Sweater Weather- The Neighbourhood

Long-ass list I know, but music is really an important inspiration for me! :) Also prepare for this chapter to be a long one!!

All the love.

"Ellen, it's your dad!" Momma calls from the living room. I quickly finish up brushing my hair out and dart out. "Ok David, here she is." she hands me the phone.

"Hi dad!" I chime. I haven't talked to him in ages, not since my 'going away party'.

"Ellen! How's my girl doing?" He asks and I can almost see his smile.

"Amazing dad! Really amazing. Everything's just... Just great." I laugh, twirling around while holding the phone to my ear.

"Don't be too unenthusiastic, jeez Ellen!" He jokes and I laugh. "I'm glad you like it, I loved Seattle when I was your age. And listen, I could be in town after Christmas? I could stop by your place for a catch up?" I can hear the hopeful tone in his voice.

"Of course! I'd love that dad." I grin. Obviously he won't be home for Christmas again then.

"How's your mother doing? She sounds good." He asks.

Honestly, those two are the best divorced couple in the world.

"Yeah she's good! We're going out for dinner tonight." I tell him

"Lucky you! I'm eating takeout in a hotel suite but no, you two enjoy yourselves in the life of luxury!" He teases and I chuckle.

"Shut up dad." I giggle.

"Listen hun, I gotta go. Single dad life is calling, that and my boss," I laugh at his constant humour. "Give your mother my best, love you." He chirps down the phone.

"Bye dad." I smile to myself and hang up the phone.

"How's he doing?" Mum asks while cutting up some carrots for a salad.

"He sounds great! Tokyo is being good to him seemingly."

My dads job always caused him to be away from home. He's a representative for a soda company, and basically he pitches the sodas to every firm in the world.