Chapter 7 - It's Ok To Ask For Help

Chapter 7

  Copyright © Filipa Tavares and Nanci Fidalgo 2016

     After going through the big glass school doors, they found themselves in front of their building's door. The walk home had been the same old: small conversation here, small conversation there, with some laughs in between. The door had a note taped to it. In the note it was written, in its front: "TO MY SUPER FRIENDS".

     Bethany opened the note and read the letter that was written out loud for everyone to hear: ***.

     "Seriously, what are all these letters about?" Francis asked, frustrated. "I tried to make sense of the letters, to see if they amde up a word or something, but no success."

     "Yes, I figured." interjected Zachary. "But I think it's better if we try to figure it out tomorrow. These past few weeks have been hectic for all of us. Let's rest and think it all through."

     "Agreed." confirmed Bethany. "Good night everyone."

     "Good night!" the rest exclaimed back.

     And they went back to their apartments, where they could rest.

--------------------------------------------------------------

     The next day, after all of their morning periods, the group was in the cafeteria talking about how to make sense of the letters they had been receiving for the past weeks.

     "What are we going to do?" Francis asked, while taking a bite of his turkey sandwich.

     "I think we need help. As much as I hate to admit." confesses Peter, murmuring the last part. He was the kind of person that didn't like to ask for help, as his ego was of the size of the entire universe and beyond. "I reckon Alaska."

     "Alaska? Why?" asked Zachary. He had started gaining some hatred for that woman.

     "Because maybe she's the only reason why we've been escaping out of complicated situations, I don't know." answered Francis, clearly sarcastic, because he really didn't get the hatred Zach had for Alaska.

     "Maybe we should call her?" suggested Thomas, playing with his pasta.

     "That's a great idea, but how are we going to do it? We don't know anything about her except for her name." asked Bethany, agreeing with Tom.

     "How are you going to do what?"

     Out of nowhere, Beatrice appeared next to them, sitting beside Peter, with her tray that carried an orange juice and a slice of pizza. They all looked awkwardly at her, trying to come up with an answer to her question.

     "Nothing." responded Zachary, confidently. Francis only rolled his eyes at his not goof of an answer.

     "I'm sure it's my brother can help you with."

     "Who's your brother? Is it someone we know?" asked Bethany, curious, after taking a sip of her water.

     "Robbie McTodd. The super nerd with the neon green glasses... Honestly, I still don't get what he likes so much about them..." confessed Beatrice, taking a bite off of her pizza.

     "Robbie? Really?" asked, surprised, Peter. "He's your brother?"

     "Who's Robbie?" asked Thomas, confused. "Is he in our class? I don't remember anyone with neon green glasses. And someone with glasses that color aren't really that hard to remember."

     "He's the most anti-social person I've ever met, so I'm not really surprised you don't him." confesses Beatrice. "But he's actually my step-brother. My mom married his dad last year and that's why I only go to this school since last month."

     "Oh..." they all said, comprehending.

     "Are you sure he's willing to help us? As you said, he doesn't usually talk to anyone in school." Zachary noticed.

     "He will. If I tell him to help you guys he can't really refuse." Beatrice stated. "But why do you need Robbie's help anyway?" she asked, taking a sip from her orange juice, looking directly at all of them, looking for an answer.

     "Ahm... Ahm..." Thomas murmured, dumbfounded. "What will they answer? She can't know about their powers!" he thought.

     "Francis' dog has gone missing! Yeah, his dog, that's why. His brother, Joshie, has been crying every night to sleep because nobody knows where the dog could be. We even taped some photos of little Prince on the streets, haven't we Francis?!" Zachary explained, sending signals to everyone else, especially Francis, to see if they caught up on his act.

     "Yes!" cried Francis. "Poor Joshie. I don't know what to do with him anymore." he said, wiping a fake tear from his freckled cheek.

     "Oh, really?" asked Beatrice, with a frown on her face, showing her sadness. "He'll help you find Prince, of course, no questions asked. Meet me after school next to the gates. I'll walk with you to my house."

     "Okay, thank you Beatrice, really. You're truly a life saver." thanked Francis, still pretending to be sad, but none the less, thankful.

     "You're most definitely welcome." she said, with a small smile on her face.

     After finishing their lunches, they all went to class.

     However, Bethany couldn't stop herself form thinking how they would find any information on the notes they had been receiving and also Arizona, who they still had small knowledge about, with a lie like the one Zach had just told Beatrice.

     Poor Prince.

A/N: Hello! Yes, our chapters have been getting shorter. But this book is under MAJOR EDITING. We've been changing characters' names, situations and relationships between characters. We'll try to continue posting chapters more often from now on. Thank you, and if you liked this chapter click the VOTE button, and comment what you thought about it! Filipa&Nanci