Chapter 6 - Fright

Chapter 6

Copyright © Filipa Tavares and Nanci Fidalgo 2015

*The following day*

     The five friends got to school and went immediately into the classroom. When they got in they we're surprised to see principal Wyoming inside. 

     "Go ahead. Take a seat kids. You're the last ones" the teacher said.

     The five friends took their regular seats and waited for the principal to start talking.

     "Well students. First of all, good morning. I am here because there will be five new students in this class and I want you, ALL of you, to treat them nicely. They might be a little different but that's not a reason to mistreat them, understood?"

     "Yes sir." everyone answered in chorus.

     "Well. Kids get in and present yourselves." the principal said.

     Then the five people that the five friends never expected to see entered the room. And they didn't seem too happy.

     "Hi. My name is Kobe."

     "Name's Diego."

     "Wanda." she said, with a wave of her hands.

     "John Vermont."

     "My name is William, but you can call me Will."

     The five friends were beyond confused: what were they doing here?

     "Wanda, you can sit next to Bethany today. Beatrice seems to be absent today. Tomorrow we'll find you a permanent seat." the teacher said with a smile on her face.

     Wanda then proceeded to do exactly that.

     "Long time no see, huh friend?" she asked Bethany, with a sarcastic smirk on her face.

     "What the hell are you doing here? Was this your final way to trick us and kill us? Or maybe kidnap us? Don't sweat it sweetie. Thta's never going to happen." Bethany answered, with a smirk on her face as well.

     Wanda as a bit taken back at first but managed to keep her compusure.

     "You wish honey."

     The class continued with deadly stares and glares sent from both sides.

     When the bell finally rang, everybody was out of the classroom in the speed of light. Once out of the room William couldn't help but grab Diego's collar, who had been getting on his nerves for the one hour class, pushing him against the lockers.

     "What are you doing here? And don't make me ask twice." he threatened.

     Diego laughed sarcastically and answered.

     " And who do you think you are? I'm just at this lovely school to learn and be smart. To not end up dumb or stupid. You know. To not end up like you."

     And then Bethany showed up out of nowhere and pushed William out of Diego and punched him. Hard.

     "And who are you to just disrespect my boyfriend? Huh? Not smart enough to answer? That's what I thought." Bethany said to Diego, who was on the floor holding his face in his hands, in pain.

     "Come on William, let's get out of here. I don't like hanging out with this kind of people." she said, while dragging William with her by his hand.

     After they left, Kobe went in rushing towards Diego.

     "Why did you say that? What were you thinking?" he asked Diego. He could only moan in pain.

     "Get up. I'll take you to the nurse's office."

     Already far away from that scene Bethany stopped and hugged William with all her strenght, while asking him if he was fine.

     "I'm completely fine. Don't worry about me. Are you ok?" he asked,  while checking her bruised knuckles.

     "I'm fine." she answered. "I'll just go to the nurse's office next break and she'll take care of it."

     "Are you sure?"

     "Completely sure." she reassured.

     They hugged one last time and he gave her a peck on the lips.

     "Come on. We'll be late for class." she said.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

     Bethany and William went together to hte nurse's office, but they were surprised to see that Diego and Kobe were already there.

     "What are you doing here?" William asked angry.

     "Well, if you don't remember your girlfriend punched me square in the face earlier." Diego said.

     When the nurse was finished on Diego she started working on Bethany, but both him and Kobe were still there.

     "You can leave now Diego. You're all done." the nurse said, sweetly.

     "I will. Soon."

     A few minutes later Bethany was done. The nurse left and right behind her were William and Bethany, but Diego blocked their way.

     "What are you doing?" she asked.

     "Don't you at least think you owe me an apology?"

     "I don't owe you anything jerk." she said, pushing him out of her way and finally leaving the office.

     "Wow. What a day..." Kobe said while he and Diego left the office, receiving a glare from Diego.

756 words

21/12/2015