Chapter 5 - Where are you?

Chapter 5

Copyright © Filipa Tavares and Nanci Fidalgo 2015

*Bethany's house*

Bethany had just woken up. She sent a text to William, got dressed and she went to the kitchen:

''Mom!'' she called ''Oh, yeah...''

Bethany had forgotten that her mother was kidnapped. They were supposed to meet the kidnapper at the park in the night before but Bethany and her friends didn't go. They were so worried because they didn't know what was going to happen next. The kidnapper knew where they lived and, most importantly, he knew that they had powers. Bethany tried to ignore everything that was happening and made her breakfast.

*William's house*

William woke up with a sound from his phone. It was a text from Bethany:

''Good morning! I think it's better for you to start getting ready if you don't want to be late! :D''

William smiled. Bethany was the love of his life, and he couldn't stop smiling whenever she talked with him or someone talked about her.

He got up, got dressed and went to the kitchen. Then, he made his breakfast while watching TV.

For the first time ever, he was ready in time. When he was leaving the house, he called for his dads:

''Ted! Johnny! I'm leaving!''

But he didn't get an answer. He went to their room but they weren't there. He thought it was weird, due to the fact that they never left the house without telling him. That's when he saw a note at the bedside table. After reading it, he ran towards the building's entrance to go and tell his best friends.

''I warned you. And as I said before: Bethany's mother won't be the only one to suffer!''

*Francis' house*

''Francis! Francis!'' Francis heard his brother say.

''What is it Josh? Don't you see that I need to get ready for school?'' said Francis while doing his breakfast.

''Me too! But mom is not here to make breakfast!'' said Josh, Francis' younger brother.

''Why?'' asked Francis confused.

''I don't know! But this piece of paper was in her room...'' said Josh, giving him the piece of paper.

Josh was only 6 years old, so he couldn't read. And thanks god he couldn't because it was something that Francis didn't want his brother to know.

''I warned you. And as I said before: Bethany's mother won't be the only one to suffer!''

After reading the note, Francis stayed in silence for a while. He wasn't expecting this and, most importantly, how could he explain it to his little brother?

''So...? What happened?'' asked Josh, impatiently.

''Nothing! Mom just went... grocery shopping!'' Francis said.

Francis, after getting his phone, called Mrs. Queenaver, an old lady who lived in the building and who was friends with his mother, asking her if she could take care of Josh and take him to school.

After making breakfast for him and his brother, both of them went to the elevator.

*Peter's house*

Peter woke up with the sunlight that came from the window. After getting up, he went to the kitchen.

''Dad!'' he called but he didn't receive an answer.