The Reason Why : Chapter 7

So for this chapter, I'm attaching a drawing of Bill's outfit when he's going to meet Tom at Starbucks. Why? No reason XD my sister drew it, and I promised her some publicity, so here it is! If you like her drawing and/or anime (especially BLEACH), then visit her Deviant Art page here where obviously, there are more drawings of hers:

http://coaxx.deviantart.com/

Here's the pic:

Please read, comment, and spread the word! On to chapter 7!! :DD

-----

THE REASON WHY

"Grammy, I'm going out!" Bill yelled. 

There was no answer.

"Grammy?"

Bill walked over to her bedroom door, pulling it open softly. His Grammy was lying on the bed, her breathing soft, her eyes closed. She was asleep.

Bill smiled tenderly at her, then went back to his room and wrote a note for her saying he was going out. He crept back to her room and placed it gently on her bedside table. He shut the door quietly, pulling on his grey, button-up coat and left the house, breathing in the fresh, cool air. It was getting dark already, so he quickly made his way to Gee Avenue on foot.

As he neared the Starbucks, he looked around the street. Pedestrians were pulling their coats tightly around them, the wind blowing faster. Bill's hair whipped around his face, and he painstakingly tucked it into his dark gray beanie. He shoved his hands into his coat pockets, shivering slightly against the wind. He walked at a fast pace, trying to reach the warmth of the cafe as quickly as possible. Once he was standing outside it, he quickly pulled open the huge glass doors and strode in, the coziness of his surroundings immediately giving warmth. He looked around, spotting Tom almost immediately sitting at a small two-seat table by the window. Tom gestured at him to sit with him, but he didn't need any encouragement. Bill was already walking to his table, then plopped down onto the chair opposite him. 

"Coffee?" Tom asked as soon as Bill was settled.

"Sure." Bill smiled.

When Tom came back with the coffee,  they immediately launched into their conversation about family matters, starting to get cozy in the relative warmth of the cafe.

-----

On the other hand, Bill's Grammy was sweating under the suffocating covers on her  bed. She was deep in a dream, or, more likely, a nightmare.

She opened her eyes to see the most beautiful park that seemed familiar to her somehow. She was sitting underneath a huge oak tree, it's long branches giving her shade. She was sitting on a red and white checked blanket, a woven basket in front of her. It was full of standard picnic food, sandwiches, potato salad, little cakes, fruit juice. She looked around, a soft breeze blowing around her. The park stretched out around her, and it was all the eye could see. Trees littered the park, flower bushes growing every few metres. There didn't seem to be anyone else in the promixity of the park. She still couldn't shake the feeling that she had been here before. Then it hit her. It was the park that she had brought Simone, Bill and Tom's mother and her daughter, to for her 8th birthday. Except the park hadn't been this big, and it had been packed with people. She had only been here once, so it was a wonder she remembered this place at all. She looked around, turning her body around to see behind her. When she turned back, she yelped in shock. Simone was sitting cross-legged opposite her, reaching for sandwich in the basket in front of her. Grammy clutched her heart in shock, then regained her breath as she remembered that it was just a dream. Simone was nibbling on the edge of of her cucumber sandwich.  

"What are you doing here, Simone?" Grammy questioned when it was apparent that Simone wasn't leaving.

"I've come to warn you." she replied, her voice hiding a sharp edge as she finished her sandwich.

"About what?" 

"The twins."

"What about them?" At that moment, Grammy could tell that this wasn't just any dream.

"I told you not to tell them about each other."

"I know, but they found out, so I had to tell him, didn't I?"

Simone slammed her fist onto her knee.

"NO!"

Grammy jumped.

"It's important that they not know about each other!"

"But why?"

"I... have my reasons."

"If you just tell me why, maybe I can stop them from seeing each other again."

"It's too late. Even if you stop them from seeing each other, they could still use their cellphones, or the Internet. Technology these days are too advanced for my liking."

Grammy made a noise in agreement.

"Can't you just tell me anyway?"

"No. It would ruin the twins if they find out."

"I won't tell them, I promise."

Simone sighed.

"Are you sure you want to know?"

Grammy nodded resolutely.

Simone sighed again.

"Alright. I don't want the twins together because..."

"Because?" Grammy urged.

"Because... one of them will kill the other."