Anri [Chritmas]

She wasn't on the list.

---

Books? No too boring?

A game? She's not really into them.

Socks? Okay even you would break up with you.

Anri was so different and for a quiet girl, not very predictable. But giving up isn't really an option. You continued through the store. Nothing but snowmen and creepy pale baby angels and jolly stuff. Christmas wasn't bad, but goddamn how do you skip Thanksgiving right after Halloween?

You rolled your eyes, walking down aisles. You stop and stare at the item on one of the rows. It wasn't much, but it was cute. It was a blue scarf with small snowflakes and reindeer on them. It was corny but holy hell soft, plus her old scarf was fading string by string.

You take it to the cashier and bought it, making your way home to wraps up the gift, only to give up half way and just fold it up putting a bow on it.

You heard the notification ring from your phone.

'We will still be meeting up at the park, right?'

She likes to make sure of things, cute.

'Duh.' You simply texted back, grabbed you coat and began out the door. The cold? God, no matter what you thought about it, it wasn't compared to America up in the North, bet your cousins are waist deep in snow. You laughed at the thought.

The gates of the park was frosted, and was temped to put your tongue on one of the bars, but then you didn't want look like an idiot. You saw the bob cut and round glasses female, waiting patiently on a bench. You were hoping you hadn't made her wait too long.

"Hey." You greeted her, setting next to her.

"Its freezing."

"Thought you liked the cold."

"I do, but there's a limit."

"C'mon." You laughed, letting her take your arm. And you both walked and talked. You pulled out the scarf and presented to her, she pulled out her gift to you. A small, perfectly wrapped box in red and gold. Oh my god it was perfect and you hadn't even opened it.

"Wow. I can't wrap AND I can't buy good presents."

"You haven't opened it yet."

"Still though."

You both stopped to switch gifts, you removed the the wrapping, and before opening it, you looked at Anri wrapping the scarf around her. "It's not much." You comment. "I could've done better."

"Its soft." She defends the gift. "A very warm. I love it."

You smiled, seeing her cover her smile with it. Always so introverted.

You go back to your gift, removing the top.

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph." You pick up the letter watch, it was mint, expensive, and shiny. The background had a small picture of the time you both were on a date to a carnival. "Wow."

"Is it okay?"

"Its-...its perfect. But really expensive, I feel kinda bad now."

"I don't see why."

The air felt quiet, standing to enjoy the company of the other, it felt warm, even without touching and even within the cold. It was a long pause but perfect.

"C'mon." You say smiling, guiding her to the gate. "Check it out, its frosted."

She looked at the gate confused. "What of it?"

"For my really bad gift, I dare you to press your tongue on one of the bars."

She looks at you even more confused. "I really like this scarf. And don't you have that backwards?"

"Or I don't know. Do it!" You said hopefully and excited. She looks at the bars wary and begins towards it.

"Yes!" You cheered.