Chapter 1

"Katie go grab the washer and roll it up the stairs! C'mon my friends and the movers are gonna be here any second!" my mom yelled as she was finishing packing up our belongings. These are the times when I wondered what having a dad would be like, to not do the heavy lifting for once. I walked down the stairs to our basement and slowly started inching the washer machine up the stairs. My mom took it the rest of the way and put it outside for the movers. When some of her friends arrived and started packing up and stuff the movers eventually came and started putting the furniture in the semis. Everyone was starting to get settled in their cars when I realized I have to go in and say goodbye, by myself. I didn't ask my mom, I got out of the car and ran in the house, I have no clue what came over me. When I opened the door to our old house, the scent of our house hit me and time stopped. This is the day when we move out, leave everything behind, start over, take a turn in our life. I was scared. I walked through each room slowly saying goodbye. Trying hard to forget and put away and erase each memory in my mind, the more I forget the more it wont hurt. I was finishing saying goodbye and before I closed the door I whispered two words into the house, "never forget" and I slammed the door shut and shed a tear but quickly wiped it away. "fuck emotions" I murmured to myself while walking back to my moms car. I opened the door to the car and closed it, "Katie are you okay?" my mom said. I turned and looked out the window, am I okay, "yah mom I'm fine" I turned my head and gave her a smile. I turned on the radio and we were off. Off to something I wasn't prepared for...