Chapter 2

When we finally arrived at our apartment complex after what seemed like forever I was actually quite surprised. It wasn't trashy, it was actually quite nice, Christmas decorations for the holiday, neighbors that asked if we needed their help, really just everything was great! I was really surprised. When everybody started to help us move it got hectic, crazy, stuff flying everywhere. The process of moving in was actually pretty quick because of how many people we had helping us. After we said goodbye and thank you to everyone for helping and everyone had left, we started going through things ourselves. A lot of our stuff was misplaced but hey I guess that's what you get for having so many great people help you move in. I walked up stairs to my room and started folding my cloths and putting them in the correct drawers. I turned on some of my favorite music channels on Pandora and stressed out by twenty one pilots came on. I started singing the lyrics to it, "wish we could turn back time to the good old dayyyssss" "WHEN OUR MOMMA SANG US TO SLEEP BUT NOW WE'RE STRESSED OUT" My mom screamed/sang as she walked into my room with some more of my cloths. "thanks mom" I sarcastically said while I gave her a hug. "You know Katie I'm very proud of you for taking this so easy, I really appreciate it. heh, at least one of us is strong in the family" my mom said while giving me a hug. I'm dying inside, "Heh no problem mom! I Love you very very very much" I said to my mom. "Awe I love you too baby, ill be outside if you need anything" my mom said. "ok ill be up in my room" I said while folding more cloths. When I finished with my cloths I moved on to some boxes. I first opened one with all my softball trophies, softball, the one thing I actually loved to do. The next box I opened had a few nail polishes and stuff in it but when I got to the bottom I saw hot pink wrapping paper. I moved away the pink wrapping paper and saw what looked to be something wrapped. I slowly picked up the object and started unwrapping it. A note fell out, I picked it up and finished unwrapping. What I saw was a blue picture frame with a family. A cute girl, a handsome man, and a baby. I was overly confused and looked at the note. On the note it said "Dear Baby Girl" in bold handwriting. I opened the note up and started to read, "Dear Katerina, Happy fifteenth birthday! My baby girl, three-quarters from being 20. You grow up so fast, im so proud of you, such a pretty girl, you look just like your mother. Have a great birthday and I hope you can look back on this photo and see how beautiful you've grown to be.  Sincerely your father, Brad Smit." my dad? "KATIE IT'S MOM!" yelled my 5 year old sister screaming and crying. "where is she?" I asked my sister trying to keep calm. She pointed downstairs. I Started to run downstairs, I don't see her! Outside. I told myself. She's outside! I ran outside, "Mom?!" I yelled. Everyone seemed to be outside of their apartments. There seemed to be a huge crowd around something. Oh shit I kept saying in my mind as I moved closer to the crowd of people...