Chapter 6

May 21st, 0830 hours, 2015

The young man inched across the alley wall, turning the corner and peeking out, seeing that no one was around he sprinted for the housing estate. Although he was running very fast, his footfalls were silent, clearing a distance of 164 feet in 6 seconds flat, he reached the ground floor of the housing estate, quickly flattening himself against a nearby pillar. He slowly peeked out, scanning the surrounds of the staircase, ensuring that the coast was clear. After about 2 minutes, he raised his hand and motioned the party to quickly move over to his position. 

Wilson was holding his breath, watching one of his saviors sprint across from the alley where he was standing to the housing estate, after what seemed like eternity, the man motioned for the rest of the party to go to where he was. The old man and the girl sprinted off, Wilson trailing behind, struggling to keep up. 

"How can they be so fast?" he wondered, his feet pounding across the floor, the girl turned back, her finger to her lips, making a "ssshhh" sound. Wilson tried to lighten his footsteps, immediately feeling the strain in his muscles as he attempted to slow down his feet before they hit the tarmac. When they reached the man they slowly ascended the stairs, checking every floor, making sure that there wasn't any zombies lurking around the corner. 

10 flights of stairs and 5 minutes later, Wilson was panting and gasping for air, he and the party stood in front of a ladder that led to the rooftop.

"Damned son, you sound worse than one of them." said the old man, making a wheezing noise imitating the sound the zombies make when they run. The man and the girl both guffawed at the old man's attempt at imitating zombies and Wilson grinned, coughing, unable to laugh as his lungs still struggled for air. 

The man mounted the ladder and begin to slowly climb, trying not to make any noise at all, "After you," Wilson said to the girl, making an exaggerated gesture. The girl stared at him and gave him an over-exaggerated smile, smiling so wide that her eyes actually closed. Then she flicked her hair, mounted the ladder and began to climb. Wilson went next, wanting to climb the ladder quickly as the ladder would not be an ideal place to get attacked by zombies, but he forced himself to calm down and slow down. 

"Slow down Wilson, calm down, find something that can calm you down WIlson, don't panic." He said to himself as he looked around, trying not to make any noise that would attract zombies while he was climbing the 17 feet high ladder. He tried to concentrate on his hands and legs and the timing, but eventually, found himself staring at the girl's rear end. 

"Don't go staring a hole into her ass kid!" the old man half yelled, half whispered from behind. Wilson saw the girl stop for about a second, then resumed climbing. His face turned red, he knew that the girl had heard what the old man said. 

After about 2 minutes, Wilson finally reached the top, followed shortly by the old man. What he saw surprised him, there were mattresses on the roof and a radio, there was also bottled water and what seemed like a hastily painted (HELP) sign on the roof. 

"Welcome to home base kid we got food, water and bedding over here, though it ain't exactly a five-star hotel we call it home." The old man said as he shut the trap door over the ladder. 

"We got a near inexhaustible supply of water, if it rains, these water tanks will help us store the rain water and we can purify the water from there." The old man said pointing to the two water tanks on the roof with their giant metallic covers now lying beside them. 

"We had a hell of a time tearing those off. " the old man muttered. 

"Well it's about time we introduced ourselves, my name's Johnson" The old man said. 

"My name's Erik, with a K not a C, nice to meet you." the young man said. 

"My name's Tina." the girl said simply, walking over to the mattress and plonking herself down on it. 

"My name's Wilson." WIlson said, shaking Johnson's hand. "You said something about joining your dojo?" He asked, questioningly. 

"Ah yes, i take it you're interested? It'll be tough though."  Johnson said

"Bring it on." WIlson said, eyes glimmering. 

Johnson smiled, "That's what they all say in the beginning kid, that's what they all say..." 

That's it for today folks, sorry for the late post but i felt demoralized not getting the cover for my book, but now NeiCey_saysRawR<<<< this awesome person has completed my cover, which looks badass by the way, thanks alot! So normally i planned on making 1 chapter on WIlson and the next chapter on Hendrick and alternating then on different days, but i feel like today's chapter was too slow but i wanted to end it with a slight cliffhanger so i'll post another chapter on Wilson's story tomorrow then go back to the alternating style the day after, is that good? No? Too bad :P