Picnic

My success in the first year had given me great deal of confidence. It had boosted me more than I thought. Well it was good but quite bad at the same time as I had become a little carefree about my studies. They say there is a very thin line between confidence and overconfidence. And I was just on that line.

I had a huge gang. Guys and girls all together. Among them zeus and marshal were my best buddies. We used to hang out and enjoy our college life. We did all sorts of pranks on our batchmates.

Once, we all decided to go for an outing. I'm very lazy for making plans and stuff and so zeus and cristina (group friend) literally had to drag me in for all the plans.

We decided to go to a place which was on the outskirts of the city. It had a lake and a wide space around it.

We took our vehicles and set off. The weather was beautiful. It was rainy season. Cool breeze made us all feel very refreshing. So much we were into the songs and the weather that we lost our ways! Cristina and jennifer were with me in the car.

Suddenly I saw a milestone which showed the highway leading to some other state. I was taken aback as to where were we. I stopped the car. The two girls were busy giggling and talking about how romantic the weather was and how their prince charming would be and blah blah. I brought them to reality and told them that we had lost our ways. And we were quite cut off from the city so we couldn't call as the networks weren't there. We were panic stricken for a while but then ended up laughing. Finally we found a God sent person who told us the right way and at last we reached.

It was a beautiful place and it looked even more beautiful because of the season. The air was pure. The only voices we could here were the birds chirping and the water flowing. There was so much greenery which made the place serene.

We enjoyed playing truth and dares. Also talked our hearts out. The girls were busy clicking photographs and we were busy exploring the place. It even rained so we all danced in the rains. We lit up a small campfire after the rain subsided and sang songs and talked again!

On our way back we were all exhausted. We had our dinner when we reached the city. I got back home and just collapsed on the bed and I slept like there was no tomorrow.

--------------

thnaks for reading :)

Do vote