Chapter 10

Thanks again to XxiEmoLysa711xX for editing my chapters :) :)

Jake POV

The drive to my house was dead quiet and to make matters even more awkward, we were stuck in gridlock traffic because some bastard had to fuck up and swerve across three lanes, effectively hitting almost every car in the process. I decided to ask the question that had been buzzing in my mind ever since we left that cock suckers house, "So... you were going to get married?" I inquired slightly jealous.

"Shut up, I don't want to talk about." Lisa demanded suddenly pissed.

"Why are you so angry?"

"I'm just angry. Gosh, I can't even do that anymore?"

I decided to ignore her last statement, "What are you angry about?" Lisa's head whirled around so fast to face me, I was surprised she didn't get whiplash.

"That's a stupid question: What am I angry about? Wouldn't you be beyond pissed if you caught me in bed with some other dude?"

"Of course I would," I scoffed, "You're mine and I'd kill the bastard that touched you."

"See? That's how I feel." Lisa said.

"You'd only feel that way if you were in love with that that person; A- Are you in love with James, Lisa?" My voice trembled and I tried to hide it by coughing. I waited a while but she was still not answering, "So you do love him." I could feel the telltale sign of tears forming in my eyes.

"No, I don't." Lisa said finally.

"Then why did it take you a while to answer me? Tell the truth, do you still love him?"

"No, I don't love him. I was just thinking about if I do, but I don't." She stated firmly.

Lisa POV

"No, I don't love him. I was just thinking about if I do, but I don't." I said truthfully. After that the car ride once again became silent. We finally arrived to his mansion, or as Jake so humbly puts, house; and drove up to the front gate that opened slowly after Jake pressed a button in his truck. I'm not known for being patient, so I quickly got out of the vehicle and began to climb the gate before Jake could protest.

"What the hell? Lisa get back down here, you're going to get hurt!" Jake warned

"No thanks, I think I'll wait for you at your house," I jumped down from the top of the gate and landed on my feet with a thud, "bye!" I ran down the long path that led to the house and stopped when I reached my destination. I sat on the stoop for a moment expecting Jake's truck to pull up any second, instead I see his wolf run up and stop short beside a tree. Wait, what he's a fucking alpha?

"Why does my mate need to be an alpha? Why do you like to test me God?" I said to the sky.

"So? You barely noticed was an alpha before." He pointed out after shifting back.

"Yeah I never thought a gay guy would become an alpha, better yet have a girl for a mate."

"I'm not gay anymore Lisa." Jake said while grabbing and putting on some extra clothes from behind the tree he was next to.

"Sure, you're not." I said sarcastically. "Jake, people don't change that fast." Jake came from behind the tree to stand in front of me and grab my hands.

"I changed for you." Jake said.

"Aww! So sweet, but still there only one way to find out." I said pulling out of his grasp and walking towards the front door.

"How do you find out?" Jake asked while opening the door. I stepped into the grand foyer and scanned the rest of the floor before walking towards the steps.