Chapter One - You misunderstood me

A/N: I really don't like the cliché titles at ALL. If you have any good titles for this story then PLS, PLS let me know. I want to change the title so, so bad.  

"By my own daughter!" King Xephos said as Zoey hung her head. Her clothes were still covered in dust and dirt and compared to her father who sat on the golden throne with clean clothes.  "I have taken care of you since your mother died! Don't you know that? And, and that dirty commoner was going to hurt you!" He spat the word commoner.

Zoey looked up angrily, "That dirty commoner saved me! He doesn't deserve to be in chains, he deserves to be honored!"

"I cannot be sure, and don't take that tone with me young lady! He will be executed for his crimes, he had hurt two villagers and was about to hurt you, or even worst, he could have kidnapped you!"

"You cannot be sure? You cannot be sure? I was there! You should let him go!"

"Until I can be sure!"

Well he doesn't deserved to be executed! Goodbye your majesty!" and she stormed off.

King Xephos looked stunned, she would only call him that when she was really angry with him, "Zoeya. Zoeya!" he called but she couldn't hear him as she had walked to her room.

Zoey left him to go to her room to change. She took a quick shower to wash off the dirt and grime and put on a simple yellow dress. She sat on her bed looking to the window.

"Zoeya?" It was her father and she was in no mood to talk to him.

"Go away!"

"I know you are upset."

"Of course I'm upset!"

She heard a muffled sigh then the door opened. She felt the bed sink as he sat next to her. "I really didn't want to executed him you know, I was just angry because do you know what I would do if you got hurt? I can't bear to lose you. Ever since your mother died."

"She'd let me go to town, she'd see my point of view, she wouldn't lock me up in the castle without an adventure."

"You're turning thirteen soon, you know that, you're not a child anymore."

"I know, but," she put her head in her hand, "I just wish mum was here." 

She felt a hand stroke her hair, just like how her mother used to do, "I'll leave you to your thoughts, just, just stay safe."

After he was gone she immediately climbed out of the window and onto the roof of the castle just above her window like she'd had always done, it helped her to think. After a maybe ten minutes she decided to apologize to her father and she heard the door open in her room.

"Zoeya?" it was her father.

"I'm put here!" she called. She started to climb down but her foot slipped(Sorry @MyKindOfCrazy writer's block :p) and she found herself dangling on the sill of her window.

"Zoeya! Hold on!"

"What do you think I'm doing?" she shouted back at him but that was the time her palms turned sweaty and she slipped.