Chapter Eight - You Healed Me

Rythian's POV

"Are you ready Rythian?" Haley asked.

I nodded and closed my eyes ready for pain. I felt magic on my wound and I felt it slowly close up. Before I could help myself, I screamed in agony and squeezed my shirt that was in my hands. I gritted my teeth to stop myself from screaming even more. Finally I felt the skin close over, I opened my eyes and groaned. Haley collapsed to her knees in exhaustion, her face pale from using too much magic. I looked at my shoulder, the wound was closed over, a pale purple scar in its place.

"That, should do it," Haley said panting hard. The man who was my uncle studied me, I ignored his stares. I put my shirt back on.

"Thank you, Haley," I said.

She laughed weakly, "You never call me by my full name, that's a first."

Amber who sat next to me put a hand on my shoulder, "Are you ok?" She asked gently, I don't know why but I didn't feel comfortable around her even if she was my girlfriend...or, is. I resisted flinching from her touch, only Zoey touched me like that. I nodded slowly. Cole was standing with his back leaning against a tree crossing his arms, watching us.

"You should go," Cole said looking down, "they may be wondering where you are." 

I nodded and stood up, dawn was arriving quickly. The moon sank out of the sky and the sun outshone the fading stars. My shoulder still ached from the healing. Haley grunted and pulled herself to lean on a tree, her breathing slowly slowed to normal and her cheeks returned their colour.

"I'll come back, I promise," I said before activating my flying ring. I look back one more time before flying into the castle. I climb through the window too see King Xephos standing in my doorway with two guards behind him.

"Where did you disappear to?" he asked.

I looked at him before saying, "Let's say I had a family reunion."

A/N: Hey guys, very sorry for not posting anything for the last few days, I had a lot to do and some mourning for my friend who died of cancer, R.I.P. Anyway, I'll be sure to post more soon, love you all!

-Val :)