Chapter Nineteen - You Caused Trouble For Me

Amber’s POV

I was already unsheathing my sword, “Who are you?” I demanded. The boy lifted Zoey onto the bed before looking at all of us.

“I could ask you all the same thing,” he said, his voice was strange, smooth and had a metallic pitch but sounded like a normal boy. “My name is Actaeon Terje Wood, or Teep, I expect King Xephos to remember me.”

King Xephos nodded.

“You’re one of the hunters, the Venators,” Emelia said in awe, “I’ve heard stories that only the ones who have proven themselves may join.” Teep smiled at Emelia and nodded slowly.

‘I hate this guy,’ Cole’s voice boomed in my head.

‘Why? Is it because he’s hitting on your girl?’ Haley’s voice came mockingly.

‘Guys! Shut up! He could be dangerous! Suddenly a famous hunter shows up after Rythian has left, don’t you find that a little suspicious?’ I glared at Cole and Haley.

‘I agree with Amber, this guy could be trouble,’ Cole nodded.

Haley laughed out loud and I broke the connection. Teep gave her a questioning look, “Did I say something strange?”

*

Cole’s POV

I leaned on the wall with my arms crossed as I watched Teep eat, Notch, he could eat a whole horse with that mouth. Finally he finished and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand before leaning back into the chair and patting his belly.

“Wow, that hit the spot, I’ve never eaten so much meat in my life,” he said satisfied.

“Eh? You can eat so much yet you stay so thin!” Emelia said. Teep laughed, Notch I hated that laugh, suddenly Emelia leaned in closer to Teep and I prepared to jump in but she stopped halfway and tapped at his neck. “What is this metal band around your neck?”

“Voice communicator, made by I scientist I encountered.”

“EH? A scientist! I’ve always wanted to meet one! Did he have a lab? O-or a giant reactor…”

I sighed to myself and walked away from the room, I looked out the window and night fell. Suddenly, a stabbing pain jolted in my side and I fell to my knees. I doubled over and hugged my stomach. I groaned loudly before everything went black.

Crying.

That was the first thing I heard when I woke up. This crying was familiar, I’ve heard of it before. My eyes opened slowly, my vision went from blurry to perfect. The ceiling was surprisingly not interesting to look at so I looked to my right and Emelia was crying. I reached over and stroked her head, she stopped immediately and looked at me before hugging me tightly. Damn, she might not look like it but her hugs are strong.

“Hey, that hurts you kno-” but I got cut off as she kissed me.

“Don’t you scare me like that again!”she shouted and glared at me.

I raised my hands, “Look I’m alright, anyway, I’d rather myself get hurt than you, I can protect you better of course.”

“Oh? Is that a challenge? I bet I’m stronger that I’ll die after you!”

“Bring it on,” I laughed, she smiled and hugged me again.

Haley’s POV

Argh crap, where am I? My eyelids opened and I could finally see the ceiling but the magnificent ceiling was blocked by a face. A boy my age, who was this again?

“Yo,” he said waving. Oh right, it’s Teep…wait a second, how the hell did he get in my room.

I screamed and before I knew what I was doing, I crunched my forehead into his and he fell backwards.

“Wow, ain’t that somethin’,” he groaned and started laughing.

“Who...h-how the hell did you get in?” I glared.

He smiled and pointed at the opened infirmary door. Oh that’s how.

“You alright?” He asked and sat on my bed next to me, he reached out a hand and I felt my face going red. “There’s a red spot on your forehead and the rest of your face is red, you alright?”

I slapped his hand away, “O-of course I am!” I heaved myself off the bed and onto the floor but when I stood the floor came to meet my face. But before that happened, a pair of hands caught me.

Teep laughed, “You’re ok huh?”

*

Three hours have past, this idiot kept me company. I’d say it was annoying company, then the gods blessed me when he said he needed to leave, he did something I had last expected he would do.

Teep pressed his lips against my forehead, “Okay, Cya!” and just left the room. My face was definitely red.

Rythian’s POV

Heh, I’m dead, but I can hear birds and I’m lying on something weirdly soft, interesting way of dying. I felt like falling asleep again. So I did but the last thing I heard was a voice.

“Hello Toby!”

???’s POV

“What is it you want? Power? Fame? Money?” I whispered into the arrogant fool seated on the bed.

“I-I want all three!” he stuttered.

I laughed and I could tell he was shivering from the cold presence I set in the room, what a weakling.

“Is that what you want? Then you’ll have to do whatever I say? Are you up for the deal?”

He swallowed and hesitated a few seconds before answering, “Y-yes, I am,” I chuckled at his coward answer but it was acceptable for me.

“Let’s begin.”

A/N: LOL Teep WTF, long name and a playboy as well huh? Okay I may have insulted the ceiling here but please don’t take any- WHOA, god I need to get this ceiling fixed. Anyway, gotta go, hope you enjoyed blah blah blah.

Eat lots of cake and so- *Ceiling collapses on Valerie*

-Val :)