Chapter Seven The Death Af An Empire

Hinata grabs Kuribayashi and takes cover behind a rock.Toshi takes cover as well, bullets fly all around him.

Kuribayashi takes out his pistol and points it at is head, he looks at Hinata "Is this Japanese soil?"

Hinata responds, "Yes sir,"

Kuribayashi pulls the trigger, a load bang fills the air, a tear flows down Hinata's face. He drags Kuribayashi towards the ocean overlooking Japan, he buries him and says "May you always keep guard of our homeland."

He picks up the shovel.

Toshi comes out from behind the rock as a group of American marines descend the hill infront of him, one of the yells "Jap!"

The soldiers point thier weapons at him and open fire. Rounds of bullets fly through him piercing his body. Toshi clutches his chest and falls to the ground. He looks up into the heavens and sees his father and younger brother. He clutches the plane and whispers "Here I finally come father." and collapses on the ground.

Hinata comes out from behind the rocks where he carried Kuribyashi and buried him. His hands are full of dirt, he looks on the ground to see a dead Toshi. He loads his gun and fires a shot into the shoulder of soldier. The Americans with their guns pointed at him open fire. The bullets pierce his body and he falls to the ground. Blood soaks the ground around him. Next thing he knows, he is floating, he sees his hometown lying in ruins, as he looks to the heavens he sees his family, they beckon to him saying "It's about time you got here."

Hinata looks down over a large Japanese city as a large explosions engulfs the town, a large mushroom cloud in its place, he witnesses it again another day. The Japanese Emporer for the first time addresses the Japanese people "Today, I have made a decision to discontinue our fighting to preserve our people.This is not the death of an empire, but just the beginning of greater one."

End

This book is dedicated to the bravery of the men and women who fought on Iwo Jima both the Japanese and Americans.

Please leave a comment an let me know what you think :-) hope you enjoy!!