Princess Rinji

"Hey there little girl. Why are you so afraid?"

No. Don't come any closer. No. "NO!" Rinji screamed and tried to escape the alleyway but her legs wouldn't work.

I'm trying so hard... why can't I move?

Slowly she realized a darkness was consuming her surroundings. "Mom? Dad?" She whimpered out to the blurry faces and tried to reach their cold hands. Why can't I move?

She blinked and in a split second everything was dark.
~~~~~~
The sound of an annoying alarm beeping woke Rinji up with a start. She looked around her now bright room and sighed. "I didn't beat the clock today... strange." As she climbed out of her top bunk bed a knock was heard coming from the triple locked door.

"Rinnie, are you up? Or are you hurt? Because I would know since I can't get through your multiple steel bolted locks, ya hermit!" Her sister's whining voice was refreshing to hear so early in the morning. She laughed a little at it.

"I'm up, Angel! Just go eat breakfast already. I'm gonna go get ready." Rinji ignored her sister's continuous whines and walked to her bathroom to shower. She took off her snowflake pendant necklace placed a light kiss on it before getting into the shower.

Why am I getting more of these weird dreams?

After she was done getting ready, Rinji put on her special necklace again and left her room, making sure to lock all the locks with the three different keys she had. Yes, she was known as the strange one in her family— actually, everyone in her family was strange. But she was more private than her other sisters and people at school would call her 'that one quiet loner'. But she didn't care because she didn't need anyone else. Her family was enough.

"Oh, good morning, Rin! Don't forget that you have a recital right after my concert today! I'll see you then!" Jessica rushed past her seeming a little too excited. Rinji waved and shouted, "Good luck! And don't do anything stupid with your panda dude just because none of us are gonna be there for a while!" She laughed her obnoxious teasing laugh and watched as Jessica stuck her tongue out at her and disappeared down a different hall.

"Don't think I didn't see that obvious blush, Jess," Princess Rinji spoke to herself and happily skipped towards the dining room.

"Good morning, Rinji!" King Siwon greeted her and rushed to pull out a chair for her.

"Sup Rin!" Mattie smiled at her and passed the breakfast towards her seat.

"Morning, G" Ausanat started to pour her a glass of water.

"My dear, sweet, kind, cute, caring sister! A good morning to you!" Sejin was up to something.

"Yo," she smiled back. "Sejin, what's up with you? You're unusually nice today."

"Whaaaat? I'm always nice, my lovely sister," the suspicious girl puffed out her cheeks and pouted her lips. Rinji chuckled in her head at the sight of the attempted aegyo. She's so much like my Shushi.

"Did you kill someone? You know, I always knew you would but I didn't think it would be this early. I'll visit you when I'm available. You should eat your last non-prison meal," Rinji teased and drank a sip of water while the others at the table laughed and joined in to tease poor Sejin.

"You'll find out eventually, Rinji. But hey, what are you playing for your recital today?" Mattie asked her when she slowed down her laughter.