Playlist

I love to listen to music when I write. This is one of those stories where the music has sometimes influenced my writing. Here's a list of songs that I either think fit the story or that I listened to while writing the story.

1) "Still into You" by Paramore- This sort of shows how Rosalie is at the beginning of the story. She sees Alexander so much that she "should be over all the butterflies" but she's "still into [him]". Plus, I love Paramore and this is a very catchy song.

2) "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons- This has nothing to do with the story, but I love this song and I listened to it a lot. It's a cool song with an apocalyptic, sci-fi feel to it.

3) "Hero" by Family of the Year- Despite the fact that this song is told from a guy's perspective, I think it sums up part of the reason why Rosalie was so in love with Alexander. She thinks he's this big hero who will come save her from her poverty. This song is pretty catchy and has a mellow, vintage-y feel to it.

4) "Ignorance" by Paramore- Despite the fact that this song discusses friends who have grown apart,this kind of sums up what Rosalie thinks of her mistress, especially the lyric "What's my offense this time?" Plus, it's a really awesome, rocking song to listen to when you're angry at someone.

5) "Forever and Always" by Parachute- This song is about two people in love, but it reminds me of how Rosalie feels when her mother dies and how she'll love her mother "forever and always." Plus, it's a really touching song from one of my favorite bands.

6) "Say You Like Me" by We the Kings- This is my guilty pleasure song, but it's a really catchy and fun song that I think sums up Curtis's struggle to get Rosalie to like him, especially the lyric from the chorus, "I'm never going down, I'm never giving up.."

7) "That's What You Get" by Paramore- This song, aside from being a really fun song, sums up Rosalie's struggles with Alexander. She "let her heart win," and then Alexander did awful things to her.

8) "Misery Business" by Paramore- Well, the story of this song doesn't really fit, but the song's lesson that looks can be deceiving, which is driven home by the lyric, "Looking as innocent as possible to get to who they want and what they like.." definitely fits.

9) "Kiss Me Slowly" by Parachute- I think this fits the part where Rosalie realizes that Curtis is best for her, because of the lyric, "When the time comes...just kiss me slowly..."

10) "Swing, Swing" by All-American Rejects- This fits the part where Alexander is asking Rosalie to forgive him and she isn't, especially the lyric, "Did you think that I would cry...."

11) "Always" by Panic! At the Disco- I think this sums up Rosalie and Curtis's relationship, because at first Curtis "was always falling for [her]."

12) "Counting Stars" by One Republic- This reminds of Rosalie's money troubles because of the lyric, "No more counting dollars, we'll be counting stars..." Rosalie gets so caught up in "counting dollars" that she forgets about other stuff.

13) "Dance, Dance" by Fall Out Boy- This song has nothing to do with the book, but I love it and am including nonetheless.