Cold Spaghetti

Sierra walked into her bathroom, eyes swollen and red from crying. She washed her face, and went to lay back on her cot.

She heard a click, and a slot on the door that she hadn't noticed before opened. A tray of food was pushed into the room. As quickly as the slot opened, it shut and Sierra heard the click that meant it was locked.

The tray contained cold spaghetti, dry meatballs, a hard dinner roll, and a styrofoam cup of water. Sierra was starving, but she didn't dare touch the food in case Simon had tampered with it.

It was easy to stay away because, honestly, it looked disgusting, and she bet it tasted the same way.

Sierra crawled back onto the cot, pulled the quilt over herself and fell asleep.

***

When Sierra awoke, the tray was gone, replaced with a note containing the words- You're gonna have to eat sometime.

Not if she could help it. Sierra liked being in control of some part of this.

To pass time, Sierra took a long, hot shower. She took her time getting dressed, just to have something to do.

Once again, Sierra heard the all too familiar clicks of the locks on the door. Simon stepped in, mask off.

"I thought you could use some company for a bit" He admitted sheepishly. "And i know the mask must have scared you"

Simon was, at the very least, handsome. His dark hair complimented his piercing green eyes that seemed to see right into Sierra's soul. Not to mention his washboard abs that could be seen perfectly through his tight-fitting shirt.

"O-okay" She stuttered out a reply.

"Let me tell you a bit about myself, so you hopefully can feel more comfortable around me.

"You already know my first name. My last name is White. I'm twenty-two"

So Sierra was right about him being in his early twenties. At least he wasn't an old man...that would have just been creepy.

"I have two brothers- Derrek and Jacob. White, obviously" Simon sounded nervous.

"I grew up in Steubenville and-"

"So did I!" Sierra cut him off.

"I-I know..." Simon replied. "I know a lot about you- your full name is Sierra Ray Banks. You have a little sister named Renee, and an older brother named William. You have a boyfriend- Jesse, who was going to take you to a football game before i...before i...took you."

 As Simon continued to list everything he knew about her and her family, Sierra got more and more scared of her captor. She had no idea how he even knew half this stuff. 

" STOP!" She finally yelled. She couldn't take this anymore. "Just...stop."

"Oh, I'm sorry...i shouldn't have said all that."

"No, you really shouldn't have. How do you know so much about me anyways?"

"I- I really shouldn't be telling you that"

"Please? I'll eat if you do"

"Fine, fine." Simon hesitated before speaking again.

"Your mother hired my father as your bodyguard when you were born. He watched over you for most of your life, until he passed away a couple years ago. I took over after that."

"Why would I even need a bodyguard?"

"It's a...long story. One that cannot be shared right now. But trust me when i say this, your family is very important, and in danger. Your mother told me to take you here, to keep you safe."

"Why did you take me the way you did? If this is for my protection?"

"Your mother knew that you would never agree to leave her, nor go with someone you didn't know"

He was right about that. Her mother knew her well. 

There was one thing that she still didn't understand.

"You're keeping me safe, but what about my family?"

Your siblings are with their own guards- my brothers. Your father knows how to take care of himself" Simon chuckled.

"What about my mother?"

Silence.

"Simon, what about my mother?"

Simon's face looked grim. He remained silent, and wouldn't look Sierra in the eye.

"Simon! Answer me!" Sierra was  becoming worried.

Simon slowly looked Sierra in her eyes. He hesitated to speak, and when he did, his voice was very quiet and weak. He looked nervous.

"Sierra" He started. "Your mother...she..." He sighed.

"What Simon? My mother what?!" Sierra was terrified of what was going to come out of his mouth next.

"Sierra" Simon started again. "Your mother is dead."