Deniable Romance

"Thank you, Simon. For saving my life." The two were only a few inches apart by now, and Simon was breathing heavily.

"No problem, it is my job anyway." Simon laughed.

In the heat of the moment, Simon leaned in and pressed his lips to hers. Sierra was shocked, and didn't move. Because of this, Simon pulled away, looking flustered.

"I...I umm..I...you..I'm...I'm sorry" And with that, he turned on his heel and bolted out of the room.
---------------------------------------------------

Sierra sat bewildered on her hospital bed, fingers on her lips. She couldn't believe Simon had kissed her. But he couldn't have meant anything by it, right? After all, they were so close, and he had saved her. Even she had felt something in that one moment.

Sierra decided to just forget it ever happened.

'I'm sure it was just a mistake. There's no way Simon actually likes me.' She thought.

And yet, she still wondered.

---

A week later, Sierra was been discharged from the hospital, and was back at Simon's house. She had her own room now, no basement this time.

Security has tripled over her time spent recovering. And a good thing too. There was another attempt to take Sierra, even though she wasn't there. The group was stopped before they even reached the gate, and taken prisoner. Simon's men were busy trying to get them to talk.

Neither Sierra nor Simon had mentioned the kiss, although both were itching to. They are both scared of what the other will think.

Simon's love for Sierra grows more and more every day, but she doesn't think he has any interest in her. Although she is starting to develop a tiny crush on him. But that's all it is. A crush. She knows it can never be more than that.

Simon hasn't been able to take her to see her family because of the break-in. He's done everything he could to make up for it. He's made her breakfast every day, and even passed messages for her.

To show how much he cares, Simon decides to buy her a gift. He spends hours at stores, searching for the perfect present for the love of his life, even if she doesn't know she is. Finally, he finds the most beautiful locket he has ever seen.

It also has the biggest price tag he has ever seen, but for Sierra, it's worth it.

The locket was 14kt yellow gold. In the center was a brilliantly cut beautiful color citrine that was surrounded by two old mine cut diamonds with handmade gold workmanship. It opened up to put two photos inside on each side. Simon placed pictures of Sierra's family inside. It truly was the perfect gift.

---

Sierra was sitting on her bed, thinking about the past month's events when she heard a knock on her door.

"Come in" She said.

Simon entered her room. "I know things have been pretty horrible lately, so I wanted to give you this. To remind you of home." He handed her the box the necklace came in.

Sierra opened the box carefully to find the locket inside. "Oh! It's beautiful! This must have cost a fortune!"

"It wasn't that much" Simon lied. "Now open it."

Sierra did. Inside, she found pictures of her favorite memories of her and her family. One when they were at a water park, where she rode a waterslide for the first time, and the other at the family's favorite ice cream shop, where her brother William once got a double scoop vanilla cone to the face.

A tear slides down Sierra's face. "This is the best gift you could have given me." She looks up at Simon, and throws her arms around him in a hug. "Thank you so much!"

Simon smiles, and embraces her. "You're welcome."
---------------------------------------------------
I hope you guys enjoyed the update. I know it's been a while.
I still really would like to have someone design a better cover! Please!
-A