Chapter 4

.As I woke up, I walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror, my face was bruised with hand smacks.

I cleaned my self up and got dressed (outfit at top). Then made my way down stairs. I peeked into the kitchen. Mama was making dinner. I moved closer to the island and sat at it. She turned and smiled. I looked down biting my split lip.

"Morning Dear, want some eggs and pancakes.?" She asks me. I shook my head and she insisted making me a plate any way.

"Thank you." I whisper. I slowly ate. Then daddy came down. I shake every time he looks at me,

"Morning baby." He kisses mama and hug her tight smiling softly.

"I love you baby." They exchange words then he looks at me,

"Good morning Nadi." He greets me. I felt my mouth lock as I was lost for words.

"Hello.!" He says. I whisper,

"Morning." He waits another minute my body starts to shake. He grabbed my face and I burst into tears,

"Please nuh hit.!" I flinched. Mama pulled him away from me quickly, she had a angry look on her face. He shook his head,

"Hurry up and eat." I quickly shoved the food into my mouth and grabbed a juice. We headed out. The car ride with daddy was even scarier.

He ordered himself a coffee and took the long way to school. I held my bag and watched him from the corner of my eye. We were getting closer to school. I sighed. My phone rang and the tension started again.

Daddy looked at my bag. I felt my heart pound and finally it stopped.

We got to my school. He answered his phone and pulled out his wallet. The doors still locked.

"Okay yeah man." He pulled out three hundred dollar bills and gave them to me,

"Have a good day princess." He says kissing my head. I nod,

"Bye papa." Then left. I got into school and saw Lily. I rushed up to her and smiled.

She hugged me as I jumped into her arms.

"Whoa... What happened to your face.?" She asks. I looked at her and shrugged,

"Just a little bruising from the bed. She kissed my cheek and we went to class.

After school, Lily and I decided to shop for the bus accessories.

I walked up to daddy's car

"Papa..." I say softly. He looked up.

"Can you take us shopping... Please." I ask. He nod and returned to his phone call. We got in and went to Sam's club. I took daddy's card and we went shopping.

"Get those cookies. And grab that box of chips." I say. Lily laughed and I helped her take the television and put it in the basket.

After buying everything we went to the bus. I looked at it and sighed,

"We have to redo this whole bus." I say staring at the empty bus.

Lily laughed and nod.