Part 1: Dan's POV

"I'll have a root beer float please," said Phil, with the sparkle in his eyes showing. It's been a long time since we have actually been on a real date. The waitress scribbled on her notepad and said "Alright anything for you, sir?" 

"Yes I will have a root beer float as well, thank you."

The waitress left and disappeared behind the kitchen door. Phil was smiling his wide, brilliant smile. He seemed to emit sunshine, as always.

"So," I smirked. "What would you like to do when we get home? --Oh, I almost forgot: I got you a little... Gift," I said as I whipped a small box from inside my coat, ironic-rich-husband style. How was a square bulge on my breast not visible, I don't now.

I handed it to Phil and he said, "aw Dan you shouldn't have," in a mocking, playful voice as he carefully unwrapped the glossy Dan and Phil themed paper. As the box had emerged from its wrappings Phil said, "ooh scented candles, my favorite! Thank you so much Dan! But hmm what shall we use them for..?" Phil smiled and leaned over the table and planted a gentle kiss on my cheek. It made warmth coarse from the spot on my cheek throughout my entire body.

He pulled away and I instinctively glanced at the couple sitting across from us. The woman was glaring at us and the man was shaking his head in disapproval. I felt my face get red with fury towards them. How could people think the way they do? I was about to get up and say something to them when I suddenly interrupted my own thoughts with what was really important.

"Well you are quite welcome. And I have a few ideas of what we can use them for," I said with a smirk and my tongue playfully caressing my lips. Phil chuckled and I leaned back on the soft leather booth. I was tired but not too tired. I wanted to go home (well after the root beer float, obviously) and cuddle with Phil in the candlelight of his new apple cinnamon scented candles. I melted at the thought of his soft, warm, comforting body against mine, his head resting on my chest as we watch some anime.

I was suddenly snapped back into reality with Phil's hands clapping. "Ooh yes the floats are here!" I sat up straight and saw the waitress carrying two beautifully large glasses with brown and white liquid brimming the top and a curly straw. I was secretly over excited that we got curly straws. My inner five-year-old was very happy.

"Here ya go, and here ya go," said the waitress as she set down the glasses on the polished wood table. "Will there be anything else?"

Phil said, "Yes just the check please, when you get the chance."

"Absolutely. Be right back."

We all smiled and she left the table. We stared at each other as we drank our drinks. We both then chuckled for the silence was quite awkward. The silence was interrupted by the loud noise of Phil reaching the end of his glass, slurping unnecessarily loud. I smiled at our childishness. I enjoyed it.