Part 9: Phil's POV

>•< 3 months later >•<
I was walking down the pavement and it was a crisp December evening. My warm breath expelled from my lips and curled into the cold air. I was not alone, though. Dan was by my side, pulled close, as we walked back to our flat. I watched his lips move as he inhaled and exhaled. I realized he was staring too and chuckled, "what?"
"Oh nothing. I was just thinking how lucky I am to be able to spend tonight with you. To spend most my adult life with-- I mean, you're Fuckin great Phil Lester," he said as I planted a playful kiss on his cheek.
I laughed at that and said. "Haha love you too."
Dan's strong but gentle embrace was warming me. I felt safe. As if nothing could penetrate our little bubble. Like nothing could ever come between us.
It was a conclusion to a New Year's Eve dinner he surprised me with. Well, not quite concluded. Just the eating portion. I smirked. "So, Phil, what else are we going to do tonight?" he said. "Well, weren't we going to do that New Year's Eve countdown on YouNow? I've also got some other ideas for afterwards."
"Oh yeah I like the sound of that."
I pulled him closer and slid my hand to his waist.
We soon arrived at our flat. I reluctantly pulled away from his warm embrace and unlocked the door. I took off my coat and plopped down on the couch next to our tree, for it was still up. I patted the spot next to me for Dan to sit in. He smiled and came over and sat down next to me.
It was already 23:30. In half an hour it would be 2016! We've had a couple philcollatas and whatever Dan's special drink is called so, presumably, we left the restaurant pretty late. Time to start broadcasting! I had a big surprise for Dan. Worthy enough for me to put this up on YouTube later. So we logged in and started broadcast live, right away.
"Hello everyone!" We said together. The chat immediately started blowing up with "hellos" and "happy New Years."
"Live from London, 30 minutes until 2016! I can't believe it! 2015 went by like vrooom," I said as a clapped my hands together.
Dan laughed, "what the hell was that?"
"Vroom?"
He laughed his "whatever" laughed and I chuckled too.
We talked about our New Year's Eve and all the crazy things that happened to us over 2015. It has been a really big year for us. We made a book, we went on a tour, Dil got a real girlfriend, we came out to everyone, the whole crash thing... It's been a lot. "Yeah we thank you all so much for giving us all your support and acceptance. It really means a lot. We love you all and hope you have a very happy new y--" I was interrupted by Dan frantically patting my shoulder. "PHIL PhiL phiL!! 20 seconds until 2016!!"
"Oh MY GOD!"
I had to prepare for what I was about to do. I had rehearsed exactly how I wanted it to go in my head so many times but was I emotionally prepared? I knew it was the right decision but this is a big moment.
Dan was screaming! "17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11," I took a deep breath. I was ready. As soon as he got to 10 I got down on one knee and took out a small black box. He stared and trailed off, eyes sparking, jaw dropped. The countdown of London on the TV ringing in the background, I said, "Daniel James Howell, will you marry me?"
I opened the box to reveal the gold ring. He grew all red and screamed, "OH MY GOD YES! FUCK YES YES PHIL LESTER I WILL!" The countdown got to one and he pulled me up and brushed his lips across mine. I fit my mouth over his and kissed him back.
"Happy new year," I whispered. He grinned the widest of grins and threw his arms around me. We almost forgot we were broadcasting live. Ha.
"So yeah guys! Starting the new year engaged!"
"Yeah we will also put this on YouTube as well. We will set a date... I don't think I can wait until 2022 though. Right Phil?"
"Right." I kissed him on the cheek and wished everyone a happy new year and we signed off. There was a moment of silence. Then, our media EXPLODED! So many people were freaking out and congratulating us. I was so glad to have this audience. They have supported everything we have done all the way and I am both proud of and thankful for them.

Dan's POV:
I saw this coming, but at the same time I was blown away. After everything we have done and been through together, I knew this was the right thing. We might as well just spend our lives together after all. I was overwhelmed with joy and I felt so lucky. I don't deserve Phil Lester for he is a literal ray of sunshine. But for some reason, he chose me. And I'm fine with that.
I grabbed his hips and slid my hands up to his rib cage under his shirt and kissed him. I pulled away and smirked.
"So what'll it be? Dan Lester or Phil Howell?"